Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Keypad stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door Keypad stopped working

Guys, my driver's side door keypad (that locks/unlocks the truck) stopped working - need advice as to how to get that up and running again. The keypad has worked since I obtained the truck in April 2017. It's a 2015 F150 (obviously) King Ranch edition. It stopped responding after a washing of the truck in the driveway. I always lock the truck with the key inside when I wash it so the sensors on the handles don't keep locking and unlocking with every spray of water or touch with a towel. So I hit the 7/8 & 9/0 keys and it locked normally, I got done and was going to back it in the garage to dry it away from the direct sunlight. I used my code and unlocked it, started backed it in, etc. no prob. While drying it off, repeated the same lock up process to stop the continuous locking/unlocking as I accidentally kept touching the door handle. No prob here. After the truck was detailed on the outside, I left it for the night and went inside. I left the truck in this state for 2 days as I went somewhere with my fam in a different vehicle. Came back after those 2 days and when I touched the keypad to enter my code it wouldn't respond (light up) until the 3rd key press.... hmmm, I tried again, same.... I thought that's weird, maybe I'll touch any key twice, then when it wakes up enter my 5 digit code. This didn't work, finally too many tries had been reached and it quickly flashed and went off. I go get the other key fob and open the truck and carry on... later in the week, I though, "hey, I wonder if that key pad is good to go now...", nope, no response to anything I do.

I looked in the manual, but nothing on how to totally "reset" the keypad. It appears to be dead to the world now, what gives? Anyone experience this?

Let me know guys, Clay
Old 04-07-2018, 10:02 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

Might be a low battery and your personalized code was erased from memory. Try the master code that came with the truck. Never heard of the keypad breaking.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:51 PM

Received 145 Likes on 132 Posts

I've had one replaced under warranty. Buttons just started acting funky.
The following users liked this post:
Texasknowhow (04-08-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by RL1990
Might be a low battery and your personalized code was erased from memory. Try the master code that came with the truck. Never heard of the keypad breaking.
My battery is really good. No issues with that and I drive it as my daily driver, so I don't think it's battery related. It doesn't even light up the keys anymore. It just seems dead. I'm going to the dealer with it I guess. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the replies, Clay
Old 07-17-2019, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texasknowhow
Guys, my driver's side door keypad (that locks/unlocks the truck) stopped working - need advice as to how to get that up and running again. The keypad has worked since I obtained the truck in April 2017. It's a 2015 F150 (obviously) King Ranch edition. It stopped responding after a washing of the truck in the driveway. I always lock the truck with the key inside when I wash it so the sensors on the handles don't keep locking and unlocking with every spray of water or touch with a towel. So I hit the 7/8 & 9/0 keys and it locked normally, I got done and was going to back it in the garage to dry it away from the direct sunlight. I used my code and unlocked it, started backed it in, etc. no prob. While drying it off, repeated the same lock up process to stop the continuous locking/unlocking as I accidentally kept touching the door handle. No prob here. After the truck was detailed on the outside, I left it for the night and went inside. I left the truck in this state for 2 days as I went somewhere with my fam in a different vehicle. Came back after those 2 days and when I touched the keypad to enter my code it wouldn't respond (light up) until the 3rd key press.... hmmm, I tried again, same.... I thought that's weird, maybe I'll touch any key twice, then when it wakes up enter my 5 digit code. This didn't work, finally too many tries had been reached and it quickly flashed and went off. I go get the other key fob and open the truck and carry on... later in the week, I though, "hey, I wonder if that key pad is good to go now...", nope, no response to anything I do.

I looked in the manual, but nothing on how to totally "reset" the keypad. It appears to be dead to the world now, what gives? Anyone experience this?

Let me know guys, Clay
I had the same thing just happen. I didn't associate it with the washing, but I just washed my car on Saturday and I noticed Monday my keypad did not work, didn't even light up. What did you find out?
Old 07-20-2019, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Pillion
I had the same thing just happen. I didn't associate it with the washing, but I just washed my car on Saturday and I noticed Monday my keypad did not work, didn't even light up. What did you find out?
The dealer replaced the keypad at first and it didn’t fix it. They then replaced the door lock control computer. That fixed it. Also to keep the spray of the car washing from toggling every lock on and off, leave your keyfob in the truck, lock the truck from the outside with simultaneously pressing the 7 & 9 buttons (two bottom buttons). Wash away! Then enter your code to get back in. Hope this helps. Clay

Quick Reply: Door Keypad stopped working