Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do your doors sit flush?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Rotorhead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do your doors sit flush?

I noticed today that on my 2015 FX4 SC Lariat that my drivers door does not sit flush with the back door when its closed. The passenger side does however sit flush when closed.

Anyone else notice this or have this issue? Not sure if its the norm...

I can post pictures later if needed.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:45 PM
2003 F-150 King Ranch

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mcdev0586
I noticed today that on my 2015 FX4 SC Lariat that my drivers door does not sit flush with the back door when its closed. The passenger side does however sit flush when closed. Anyone else notice this or have this issue? Not sure if its the norm... I can post pictures later if needed.
from what I've seen its normal but not wanted haha
Old 01-03-2015, 11:06 PM

Received 353 Likes on 285 Posts

I noticed today that on my 2015 FX4 SC Lariat that my drivers door does not sit flush with the back door when its closed. The passenger side does however sit flush when closed. Anyone else notice this or have this issue? Not sure if its the norm... I can post pictures later if needed.
Numerous complaints on this already.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Rotorhead

I just noticed all the complaints. Has anyone had this issue fixed and if so, what was your course of action?
Old 01-04-2015, 08:20 AM

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

The main complaints thread has just about all the information on this issue starting on page 5. This post might help you:

Originally Posted by BoozeDaily
For those of you who read my post and saw the pictures I posted with the door gaps/uneven fit and front end and rear end rust here is the latest update:

I called the dealer (salesman) and emailed him the photos. The Manager (I don't know which one, they seem to have a lot of Managers) called me and asked for me to send him the photos as well. He said they were forwarded to the Customer Relations Manager and the Service Department, but since it was a holiday and they were busy, it might be some time before I hear back. I received a call at work last night from the Customer Relations Manager and he told me they would be sending the information up the chain to Ford. He said realistically with the holiday I wouldn't hear back until Monday most likely.

As far as the actual issue, he said they would fix it. What that entails exactly I don't know. I'd assume the doors would be easy to fix/reallign but the underneath would have to be retreated? I'm satisfied with their response so far. Seems to be taking a while but I understand it's a mid-week holiday. Just waiting to hear back.

On a sidenote, is anybody else experiencing a similar issue with the front side of the differential and driveshaft rusting, as well as the front control arms/half-shafts? I know the door gap issue has been addressed and it seems that people are starting to get this issue resolved or on the track to getting it resolved. Any updates?
Old 01-04-2015, 09:36 AM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Just curious, but what is your VIN # and have you notified the Ford Customer Service of this problem on this site?

I noticed today that on my 2015 FX4 SC Lariat that my drivers door does not sit flush with the back door when its closed. The passenger side does however sit flush when closed.

Anyone else notice this or have this issue? Not sure if its the norm...

I can post pictures later if needed.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Rotorhead

VIN # is 1FTEW1EF0FFA13523. I have not notified them yet as I just noticed the issue last night.
The following users liked this post:
Trek1 (01-04-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Rotorhead

Originally Posted by Kenn213
The main complaints thread has just about all the information on this issue starting on page 5. This post might help you:
Thanks for the info. I will definitely read up on what others have said.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I recommend you PM, Brittany at Ford Customer Service, so she can assist you with your dealer in correcting the problem and notify Dearborn.

VIN # is 1FTEW1EF0FFA13523. I have not notified them yet as I just noticed the issue last night.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Rotorhead

Originally Posted by Trek1
I recommend you PM, Brittany at Ford Customer Service, so she can assist you with your dealer in correcting the problem and notify Dearborn.
Thanks for the great info. I am new to the forum and so I'm not quite sure how to find Brittany and how the PM process works here. If you have any amplifying info I would really appreciate it. Thanks again for your help.

Quick Reply: Do your doors sit flush?