Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I just get played?? (Exhaust question)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 05:23 PM

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Did I just get played?? (Exhaust question)

I have a 2015 F150 3.5L Ecoboost. Two weeks ago I replaced my factory muffler with a Flowmaster 40 series(dual). That was a mistake and was way too loud. So I took it back to the shop and asked that my OEM muffler be reinstalled. However the shop said my muffler was gone (thrown away) but that he recommended the "dynomax ultra flo" which he said was very close to OEM,was quieter, and would work well with my turbo engine. So he took off the flowmaster mufflers nod replaced them. I just left the shop a few minutes ago. The exhaust sounds quiet and I'm happy with it. However when I got home I got under my truck and looked at the mufflers- and realized they were definitely not Dynomax . I found a part number(80037626) on the mufflers and confirmed they are "AP Exhaust 3762 Enforcer II. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off about being lied to. I'll handle that tomorrow. But now I'm wondering if these $20 mufflers are bad for my truck. I can't find where they are compatible with my truck anywhere online. Looks like they are compatible with vehicles before 1999. Here's a link to the muffler(link below). Any advice or input about how these mufflers will interact with my engine and overall performance. Thanks!!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...MobileSwitchNo
Old 08-29-2017, 05:53 PM

Received 860 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradwhiteis99
... he recommended the "dynomax ultra flo" which he said was very close to OEM,was quieter, and would work well with my turbo engine... I found a part number(80037626) on the mufflers and confirmed they are AP Exhaust 3762 Enforcer II.
The AP are $27 mufflers, most DynoMax Ultra Flo go for about $70. I'd go back and demand what he said he'd install.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts

He sure didnt expect you to look under there and check it out lol----He just put the cheapest muffler he had, but if he told you Dynomax, I would def go back and get that installed.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:03 PM

Received 860 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by icecoldak
He sure didnt expect you to look under there and check it out
If he charged you the price of the DynoMax and you have an invoice that says so, you should be good. If it's not documented anywhere, might be harder to make him stick to his word.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:26 PM
Ezekiel 25:17

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Anything is better than that junky *** Flowmaster.
I have no idea why you put a chambered muffler on a turbo motor anyway.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:09 PM

Received 215 Likes on 165 Posts

I agree. If he charged you for Dynomax, then he should install Dynomax. If you're happy with what you have, then he should refund you for the difference. From what we can tell here on the forum, he sounds like he's blowing smoke up your tailpipe.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:51 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Am I the only one who is confused when he says "compatible" to my understanding a muffler is a muffler its just there to make the engine quieter and provide back pressure to the engine.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 532 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradwhiteis99
I have a 2015 F150 3.5L Ecoboost. Two weeks ago I replaced my factory muffler with a Flowmaster 40 series(dual). That was a mistake and was way too loud. So I took it back to the shop and asked that my OEM muffler be reinstalled. However the shop said my muffler was gone (thrown away) but that he recommended the "dynomax ultra flo" which he said was very close to OEM,was quieter, and would work well with my turbo engine. So he took off the flowmaster mufflers nod replaced them. I just left the shop a few minutes ago. The exhaust sounds quiet and I'm happy with it. However when I got home I got under my truck and looked at the mufflers- and realized they were definitely not Dynomax . I found a part number(80037626) on the mufflers and confirmed they are "AP Exhaust 3762 Enforcer II. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off about being lied to. I'll handle that tomorrow. But now I'm wondering if these $20 mufflers are bad for my truck. I can't find where they are compatible with my truck anywhere online. Looks like they are compatible with vehicles before 1999. Here's a link to the muffler(link below). Any advice or input about how these mufflers will interact with my engine and overall performance. Thanks!!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...MobileSwitchNo
I'm sure they will perform fine, but it still sucks that you have a couple of ready to rot, cull steel dollar store mufflers on your pricy ride.

Next time just order up a stainless cat back and stay away from these muffler shops with there aluminized mild steel press bend piping..

I guarantee they chopped your factor muffler up to salvage the mandrel bends..
The following users liked this post:
Silver-Bolt (08-31-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 04:57 PM

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Definitely need to hear an update to this.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:08 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Word of advice, make sure you take your stock mufflers with you. You never know if your going to switch back to stock. Lesson learned!!