Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The deer The Dash Cam and The Plum Crazy Challenger widebody

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 09:27 AM

Received 166 Likes on 91 Posts
Default The deer The Dash Cam and The Plum Crazy Challenger widebody

well my new truck got christened last night by a lovely Doe at 60. Dash cam caught it all. I (locked) the video file for it. get to New Braunfels sign the papers on my Sons 2019 Challenger Rt scatpack widebody in plum crazy(that car is a unicorn).
make the 200 mile trip back home. pull my dashcam sd card and go to pull the file. Rexxing dash cam had over written a locked file. Its drive able at least. monday we see how much this gonna be. ($249 deductable)

Old 09-14-2019, 09:41 AM
No fart cans allowed

Received 1,451 Likes on 961 Posts

At least your sacrifice was for a high ticket purchase. Mine was for a $50 computer desk for my father in law. A very large buck committed suicide to the tune of over $6500 in damage!
Old 09-14-2019, 10:05 AM

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

Ouch that sucks! To relieve your pain I suggest taking that Challenger out for a few hours!😎. I have a Charger RT (5.7) and it always makes my problems go away, until the next gas station at least.😂
Old 09-14-2019, 10:23 AM

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts

Dam stupid deers!
From the pic looks like only a fender replacement?

If misery loves company, i had a deer dart out from the brush on my then brand new XLT with only 1100 miles on it.
Took out the front bumper and the lower plastic grill.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:35 PM
No fart cans allowed

Received 1,451 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBuckeye
Ouch that sucks! To relieve your pain I suggest taking that Challenger out for a few hours!😎. I have a Charger RT (5.7) and it always makes my problems go away, until the next gas station at least.😂
My Centennial Grand Sport C6 vert does that for me. And averages about 24 mpg to boot!
Old 09-14-2019, 03:07 PM
2018 XLT FX4

Received 641 Likes on 396 Posts

I have a Rexxing dashcam as well and it too likes to overwrite locked files...They keep contacting me via email because I left a skeptical review on Amazon.
The following users liked this post:
GM150 (10-01-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 04:32 PM

this one has the srt 6.4 hemi mds under the hood.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:20 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Comp claim. It will cost you your deductible
Old 09-30-2019, 05:54 PM

$5k in damage. the body shop broke a few things taking it apart. They apparently tried to remove the fender without first removing the grill and headlight assemblies.
They broke the active shutters in what I can only describe as so many pieces it would have to have been in a pile at the bottom, it was still functioning when I took it in. The deer strike was the bumper and rolled into the fender. headlight wasnt even touched.
Blis is acting up now. throwing warnings it wasnt before. Ford pass tells you a lot about these 2019s lol. I have multiple MIL indicator events. all of this has ocourred since it went to the body shop.
I asked them to at least check the alignment since the wheel assembly took the brunt of the deer impact. they said we "see" no damage no need to check alignment... sorry but thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. hit a pot hole... no "damage" 1k miles later you are buying a new tire and an alignment for that "no damage"
Its in the paint shop today supposed to get her back thursday. at least this shops paint work is bar none the best I have seen for matching.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:15 AM

Received 271 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by William Maxfield
$5k in damage. the body shop broke a few things taking it apart. They apparently tried to remove the fender without first removing the grill and headlight assemblies.
They broke the active shutters in what I can only describe as so many pieces it would have to have been in a pile at the bottom, it was still functioning when I took it in. The deer strike was the bumper and rolled into the fender. headlight wasnt even touched.
Blis is acting up now. throwing warnings it wasnt before. Ford pass tells you a lot about these 2019s lol. I have multiple MIL indicator events. all of this has ocourred since it went to the body shop.
I asked them to at least check the alignment since the wheel assembly took the brunt of the deer impact. they said we "see" no damage no need to check alignment... sorry but thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. hit a pot hole... no "damage" 1k miles later you are buying a new tire and an alignment for that "no damage"
Its in the paint shop today supposed to get her back thursday. at least this shops paint work is bar none the best I have seen for matching.
You need a new body shop...

Quick Reply: The deer The Dash Cam and The Plum Crazy Challenger widebody