Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deep Sleep Mode Activated......WTH...?

Old 07-12-2019, 11:12 PM

Received 336 Likes on 192 Posts

Default Deep Sleep Mode Activated......WTH...?

Okay guys....strange one here. I have had my new truck two weeks today. Three days ago...and then again today....I got a message in FordPass stating that Deep Sleep Mode has been Activated.
In the message it states....To conserve batter power, this vehicle has entered Deep Sleep mode. Deep Sleep Mode is designed to conserve batter power on your vehicle.
This setting is activated when your vehicle is inactive for 14 consecutive days, the battery voltage drops, or has been in extremely cold weather conditions.

Well...I have only had the truck two weeks....so no, the vehicle has not been inactive for 14 consecutive days. And no...has not been in extremely cold weather conditions...duh...it's summer....lol.
So....I'm wondering if I have a bad battery.....? Truck seems to crank and start fine. Will call the dealer Monday...but has anyone else had this happen on a new vehicle...?
Old 07-12-2019, 11:33 PM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

Go check the battery voltage. You could easily have a bad battery and it still be cranking "OK" for now...
The following users liked this post:
Breanna (05-16-2020)
Old 07-12-2019, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by tvsjr
Go check the battery voltage. You could easily have a bad battery and it still be cranking "OK" for now...
That's what I'm thinking. The service department will be closed tomorrow I"m sure even though the dealership is open. I have a short trip I need to make for work Monday...and this has got me a little concerned about driving out of town since I don't have time to go by the dealership Monday morning before leaving. I will figure something out though.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:47 PM

Received 149 Likes on 73 Posts

You can stop in at any Autozone, Pep Boys, Les Schwab, etc. and they can check the battery for you before you head out-of-town.
The following 2 users liked this post by SHOOT1SAM:
rbird2 (07-14-2019), Thor_1 (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 12:26 PM
rtball

Received 343 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Green_Bean
Okay guys....strange one here. I have had my new truck two weeks today. Three days ago...and then again today....I got a message in FordPass stating that Deep Sleep Mode has been Activated.
In the message it states....To conserve batter power, this vehicle has entered Deep Sleep mode. Deep Sleep Mode is designed to conserve batter power on your vehicle.
This setting is activated when your vehicle is inactive for 14 consecutive days, the battery voltage drops, or has been in extremely cold weather conditions.

Well...I have only had the truck two weeks....so no, the vehicle has not been inactive for 14 consecutive days. And no...has not been in extremely cold weather conditions...duh...it's summer....lol.
So....I'm wondering if I have a bad battery.....? Truck seems to crank and start fine. Will call the dealer Monday...but has anyone else had this happen on a new vehicle...?

I had my battery replaced shortly after purchase. I was not told what was wrong with it, but all indications were a bad cell. First time on a new vehicle this has happened, but this is my first new vehicle that knows so much more than I do! Not liking this new type of battery.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:35 PM

Received 186 Likes on 86 Posts

Check the build date on the vin sticker & compare it to your purchase date. Most people don't know but a new car can go through 3-6 months of stitting & several jump starts before it's sold. That is a lot of stress for a new battery to go through...especially if it was never fully recharged after a jump.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Physh1
Check the build date on the vin sticker & compare it to your purchase date. Most people don't know but a new car can go through 3-6 months of stitting & several jump starts before it's sold. That is a lot of stress for a new battery to go through...especially if it was never fully recharged after a jump.
Build date on window sticker shows 5-28-19. I purchased 6-28-19 . Truck cranks fine...but I sure don't want to take a chance on having a dead cell in a battery in a brand new truck. I talked to my salesman this morning...he's gonna talk to the service dept. Monday. We will see how they want to handle it .
Old 07-13-2019, 05:18 PM

Received 647 Likes on 340 Posts

Add any electronics to it or have anything plugged into the power points?
Old 07-13-2019, 05:20 PM

Went out to the garage and checked the voltage of the battery with my digital volt meter...after it has been sitting all day.. Battery is showing 12.1 V .
Old 07-13-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by jm061
Add any electronics to it or have anything plugged into the power points?
No...nothing added at all. Bone stock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deep Sleep Mode Activated......WTH...?