Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer replacing my windshield that broke while in their possession

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 08:26 PM
Gunner Retz

Received 103 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Dealer replacing my windshield that broke while in their possession

So, my service manager calls and says that the satellite antenna has come in to repair the "acquiring signal" issue when driving near cell phone towers. Dropped the truck off this morning and got a call around 2:45 to say that it was finished. When I picked it up, I noticed an approximately 14" long crack in the windshield. I went to get the SM who immediately accepted responsibility for it and has a replacement OEM (sound screen, lane departure, rain sensing) being put in at my place of business tomorrow morning.

Kudos to the SM for his immediate action - bummed the tech didn't tell the service manager that my windshield broke while in his possession. I appreciate his swift action, but it just burns me when people don't come forward. I would have been less upset had I been told "Sir, while we had your truck on a test drive the windshield got broken by a rock that got kicked up".
Old 12-22-2016, 09:46 PM

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts

honestly, it's completely possible the tech just didn't notice. People are really oblivious to things around them these days and it only seems to be getting worse. Even things starring them right in the face. Of course I could be wrong and it's possible he advised the SM of the issue and they held their tongues to see if you'd notice. Then when you said something they immediately took responsibility because they already knew about it and knew they had to.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope they get the "Dearborn" sticker for you also.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Incorrigible
I hope they get the "Dearborn" sticker for you also.
So do you leave that on or take it off?
Old 12-23-2016, 03:51 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I'd leave the Dearborn sticker on! I went in the factory tour there... everyone should... it's an amazing tour.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:55 PM
Gunner Retz

After 2 attempts at installing it (they brought the wrong windshield twice), it was replaced at my office today. I told them not to bother with the Dearborn sticker, they only moved the TX registration decal.

I'm once again, good to go and happy that the Service Manager called me this morning to check on the replacement. Hmmmm, customer service "isn't dead" as I've thought for far too long.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, I will certainly be giving my windshield the once over whenever I pick it up from the dealer.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:40 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by gmcretz
So, my service manager calls and says that the satellite antenna has come in to repair the "acquiring signal" issue when driving near cell phone towers. Dropped the truck off this morning and got a call around 2:45 to say that it was finished. When I picked it up, I noticed an approximately 14" long crack in the windshield. I went to get the SM who immediately accepted responsibility for it and has a replacement OEM (sound screen, lane departure, rain sensing) being put in at my place of business tomorrow morning.

Kudos to the SM for his immediate action - bummed the tech didn't tell the service manager that my windshield broke while in his possession. I appreciate his swift action, but it just burns me when people don't come forward. I would have been less upset had I been told "Sir, while we had your truck on a test drive the windshield got broken by a rock that got kicked up".
After 2 attempts at installing it (they brought the wrong windshield twice), it was replaced at my office today. I told them not to bother with the Dearborn sticker, they only moved the TX registration decal.

I'm once again, good to go and happy that the Service Manager called me this morning to check on the replacement. Hmmmm, customer service "isn't dead" as I've thought for far too long.
I'm happy to see the service manager has gotten the windshield replaced for you, and checked up on it, gmcretz. I'll be glad to pass your kudos along to the dealership. To do so, please send me a private message with your contact information, VIN, and servicing dealer.

Rachel
The following users liked this post:
gmcretz (12-30-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 07:13 PM
Gunner Retz

Originally Posted by FordService
I'm happy to see the service manager has gotten the windshield replaced for you, and checked up on it, gmcretz. I'll be glad to pass your kudos along to the dealership. To do so, please send me a private message with your contact information, VIN, and servicing dealer.

Rachel
Rachel, while I appreciate your offer of assistance. I have a longstanding personal relationship with the General Manager, Sales Rep, Finance Manager and my Service Manager. I've purchased 4 vehicles from them and often send people their way for vehicles and professional service.

Thanks Again,
Gunner Retz
Old 12-28-2016, 07:44 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Rachel, while I appreciate your offer of assistance. I have a longstanding personal relationship with the General Manager, Sales Rep, Finance Manager and my Service Manager. I've purchased 4 vehicles from them and often send people their way for vehicles and professional service.

Thanks Again,
Gunner Retz
That is great, gmcretz! Thank you for the info and the kind words.

Deysha
The following users liked this post:
gmcretz (12-30-2016)