Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contact ford to ask them to develop patch to disable fake engine noise

Old 01-29-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Contact ford to ask them to develop patch to disable fake engine noise

We have all read of the stupid fake engine noise on the ecoboost lariats and up and how it interferes with upgrading your stereo. The only way ford is going to come up with a way to disable it is if we ALL make it known we want this fixed. I ask all of you to please tweet [MENTION=47652]FordService[/MENTION] asking them for a fix and go on ford.com (Google contact ford about f150) asking to to come up with a fix asap. I know you 5.0 owners are probably chuckling, but please help us Eco owners out and reach out too. The more people who contact ford the better.
The following 4 users liked this post by 2015PlatF150:
neck5150 (01-29-2015), Scuba_Dave (01-29-2015), tanked_darren (01-30-2015), UN1263 (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 10:16 AM

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

This is what I said to Ford Customer Service:

For what it's worth.

I think Ford would do itself a great service if they could make the noise enhancement a user controlled option via an "on / off" selector in the menus.

Such a fabrication of sound should be at the driver's discretion, not the manufacturer's.

That, of course, is just my opinion. However, I would hope my loyalty in purchasing 5 Ford vehicles in recent years would count for something.

Thank You,

And this was their reply:

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry that, as of this time, we are unable to provide any assistance in disabling the DACM in your vehicle’s radio.

However, rest assured that your feedback has been documented in our system. From time to time new vehicle options are added, deleted or modified. Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:38 AM

Received 98 Likes on 39 Posts

Yuck.
The following users liked this post:
iFord (03-30-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 11:27 AM

Received 1,600 Likes on 904 Posts

>> Such a fabrication of sound should be at the driver's discretion, not the manufacturer's.

Umm ... no. LoL.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:53 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is the reply I got to my email. Sounds familiar...

Hello,

My name is Caren, I am from Ford`s Customer Relationship Center (CRC). I have reviewed your email regarding your 2015 Ford F-150. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Ford Motor Company is concerned with the satisfaction of all Ford customers. Your feedback is highly valued by all divisions within Ford Motor Company and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement. When customers like you send us constructive comments, you help reinforce our efforts to build the finest automotive products in the industry.

From time to time new vehicle options are added, deleted or modified. Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input.

We have documented your comments which will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review and consideration. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that your future experiences with Ford products will be more positive.

Sincerely,

Caren
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
Old 01-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015PlatF150
Here is the reply I got to my email. Sounds familiar...

Hello,

My name is Caren, I am from Ford`s Customer Relationship Center (CRC). I have reviewed your email regarding your 2015 Ford F-150. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Ford Motor Company is concerned with the satisfaction of all Ford customers. Your feedback is highly valued by all divisions within Ford Motor Company and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement. When customers like you send us constructive comments, you help reinforce our efforts to build the finest automotive products in the industry.

From time to time new vehicle options are added, deleted or modified. Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input.

We have documented your comments which will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review and consideration. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that your future experiences with Ford products will be more positive.

Sincerely,

Caren
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
If that doesn't wreak of a canned/auto generated email, I don't know what does. LOL!
Old 01-29-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

you guys realize that most F150 owners are not on this forum, and probably think it's cool that their "little" V6 sounds like daddy's V8?

If for no reason other than the fact that the marketing gurus at Ford and a bunch of other brands want you to think it's cool to have engine sound through your radio speakers...
Old 01-29-2015, 01:07 PM
LONG TIME FORD GUY

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

All I want is a horn that plays La Cucarcha
Old 01-29-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Texrep
All I want is a horn that plays La Cucarcha
AHH! My dad had one back in the early 70's on his Renault!
He traveled from France to the Turkey / Iran border with his buddies over 4-5 weeks, met a local guy / "guide" in Istanbul who could speak French and drove all across the city blasting his Cucaracha horn to make his way in the crazy traffic !

I heard that story too many times not to mention it !

Old 01-29-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 627 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by ecopat
you guys realize that most F150 owners are not on this forum, and probably think it's cool that their "little" V6 sounds like daddy's V8?

If for no reason other than the fact that the marketing gurus at Ford and a bunch of other brands want you to think it's cool to have engine sound through your radio speakers...
^ nailed it. We truck guys here on the forum are enthusiasts. We are, however, the minority and dont represents the masses.
The following 2 users liked this post by WTF150:
130428 (01-29-2015), Boatmanbuzz (01-29-2015)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Contact ford to ask them to develop patch to disable fake engine noise