Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing unlock settings on the key fob?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing unlock settings on the key fob?

Is there any way to change the unlock settings on the key fob so that the tailgate doesn't unlock on the second push of the button? I frequently need to unlock the driver's door, less frequently need to unlock the passenger doors, and rarely need to unlock the tailgate. I hate to be putting additional wear and tear on both the tailgate latch and the locking mechanism on my rear liftgate of my Leer shell. It would be nice if it would only unlock on a 3rd press of the button. This may not be possible but it would be a nice option.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:30 PM
The FORScan Guy

Received 4,909 Likes on 1,991 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorcity1
Is there any way to change the unlock settings on the key fob so that the tailgate doesn't unlock on the second push of the button? I frequently need to unlock the driver's door, less frequently need to unlock the passenger doors, and rarely need to unlock the tailgate. I hate to be putting additional wear and tear on both the tailgate latch and the locking mechanism on my rear liftgate of my Leer shell. It would be nice if it would only unlock on a 3rd press of the button. This may not be possible but it would be a nice option.
No, but how are you accidentally triggering the tailgate? Before I changed settings to unlock all doors with one push of the unlock button on fob, I had it set so I needed to do a double press of door unlock button but I have never accidentally triggered the tailgate release, it's 2 buttons lower on my fob at least from the door unlock button
Old 04-26-2016, 11:36 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorcity1
don't sweat the small stuff brother! enjoy the truck
Old 04-27-2016, 12:36 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Livnitup
No, but how are you accidentally triggering the tailgate? Before I changed settings to unlock all doors with one push of the unlock button on fob, I had it set so I needed to do a double press of door unlock button but I have never accidentally triggered the tailgate release, it's 2 buttons lower on my fob at least from the door unlock button
How did you change to unlock all doors with one push? I'm a newbie what can I say.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2016, 12:52 AM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

The settings in the display between tach and speedo
The following users liked this post:
ricechrispy (04-27-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 01:03 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zx12-iowa
The settings in the display between tach and speedo
I scrolled through the menu and didn't see anything about single click adjustment the closest was just auto lock and auto unlock. Did I miss something?
Old 04-27-2016, 01:16 AM
The FORScan Guy

Received 4,909 Likes on 1,991 Posts

It's under Settings, Advanced Settings, Vehicle, Locks, Remote Unlock, All Doors
The following 2 users liked this post by Livnitup:
gofish101 (04-27-2016), ricechrispy (04-27-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smkn3kgt
don't sweat the small stuff brother! enjoy the truck
That's the whole point of these forums! Everyone here sweats the small stuff! lol.
It's not a big deal, I was just wondering if there was a way to change the settings. Guess not. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Quick Reply: Changing unlock settings on the key fob?