Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ceramic coatings??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 12:23 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Ceramic coatings??

Has anyone tried the ceramic coatings that are advertised on Instagram and the like? 9H Nano is the one that I see most often. I'm curious to see if anyone has actually tried it and their impressions of it.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:10 PM

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

I stupidly used a pressure wash bay and the brush, even though I washed it, scratched my truck a lot. I had it all buffed out and they put a coating of the Ceramic Pro 9H all over including wheels and exhaust tip.
Looks amazing on a black truck, really rich deeper colour. Dirt does not stick as much and water beads off.
Will do the same to my next vehicle.
Buddy did his White Durango SRT and is happy, the White did not look as rich as mine.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Im curious how much deeper the ignot silver would look. Thinking about it
Old 11-19-2018, 02:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Harps
I stupidly used a pressure wash bay and the brush, even though I washed it, scratched my truck a lot. I had it all buffed out and they put a coating of the Ceramic Pro 9H all over including wheels and exhaust tip.
Looks amazing on a black truck, really rich deeper colour. Dirt does not stick as much and water beads off.
Buddy did his White Durango SRT and is happy, the White did not look as rich as mine.
May I ask how much it was to get that coating done to your truck? As mine is also black and would be curious what this would cost down the road.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:13 PM

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

Getting my truck Artic Coated, a form of ceramic, next week. 950$ with full correction.

Got me new grandsport done along with a full front end clear bra. Attachment 550976
Old 11-19-2018, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harps
Ceramic coating does not protect against scratches, swirl marks or rock chips, you would need to install clear bra.

https://exclusivedetail.com/ceramic-coating-for-cars/
Old 11-19-2018, 08:27 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

I used Carpro CQuartz UK 3.0. Having it done professionally is the way to have it done if you can afford it, majority of the cost is in labor to correct the paint because once this stuff is put on, the only way to get it off is with mechanical buffing, and it is very easy to screw it up if you let it flash and not get it off in time. CQ UK has a longer flash time than the pro quality CQ or any other pro based coating, so it allows more time to buff off, but has the downside of not lasting as long and needing two coats for it to last.

If you are able to paint correct yourself, then it is well worth doing it yourself, mine came out looking great, and is holding up very well with just touchless washes. I haven't hand washed it since I did it, and it is beading like the day it was done. It will protect against light scratches like those that happen from a dirty wash mitt, but not against bushes or trees or worse car wash brushes. I have wiped down surface dirt with a MF towel and detailer spray, not a mark left behind. I wouldn't want to wipe it down when coated in heavy dirt though as that will more than likely cause swirls and scratches.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by sonic366
May I ask how much it was to get that coating done to your truck? As mine is also black and would be curious what this would cost down the road.
It was $1800 up here in Canada, they had to really cut and polish before because of all the scratches that I put on the truck. Without the extra work I would guess it would have been half.
They told me that the Ford paint is really hard and tough.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by fordloco
Ceramic coating does not protect against scratches, swirl marks or rock chips, you would need to install clear bra.

https://exclusivedetail.com/ceramic-coating-for-cars/
It offers a good protection to the elements, bird crap, tree sap etc.. I won't be making that mistake again or ever use a brush car was. Touch-less or hand wash.
If I had not scratched it I would not have had it done, but I will now for future vehicles.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:10 PM

Quick Reply: Ceramic coatings??