Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cash back voucher after purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 07:55 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Cash back voucher after purchase

So we picked up our new truck on Saturday. Today, we got a voucher, if that's what it's called. It's a mini brochure (thought I would be getting a full brochure in paper form, but that's another talk show), and attached is a "special offer" page. It lists, for the F-150, an MSRP starting price (probably basic XL), "cash back" amount, and a "or APR alternative bonus cash" amount. The fine print is incredibly vague, like if the cash back is extra, on top of all other incentives, and for any trim level. Now you know what I want to hear. Something like just take it to the dealer or call Ford and I will get a check--this is for $2000 (cash back amount) so it hurts. We did not finance with Ford, so the Bonus cash wouldn't apply to us anyway. Am I basically out of luck. The crappy part is they told us they looked into there system, but and now I'm afraid they didn't look for my wife's name, only mine. The offer is in my wife's name--and we're both on the truck title, reg, and loan.
A day late and $2000 short.
Thanks,
Mike Todd
Old 04-25-2017, 10:42 PM

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

out of luck unfortunately. If it does not specifically call out 250/500/750 customer/brochure bonus tied to you as a customer (like the one I posted in another thread) your SOL. I got the same brochure you did but last week, it just lists current incentives. If they checked when you purchased and saw nothing tied to you then I guess we may be taking delivery during an off cycle for the brochure cash vouchers.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:11 PM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Just took delivery today. Awaiting the inevitable voucher in the mail tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:22 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Cash back is not private cash, it is the regular rebates that you got, or didn't get, because you didn't finance with Ford and then refinance a few days later for easy money. So you lost/missed nothing except the opportunity I just described.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:36 AM

Every way I can figure it--trying to use different models and financing or not, doesn't add up. Nothing comes out to the 2,000 cash back and/or the $1500 extra for Ford financing. It's almost close if I focus on the Lariat, which I got, but I never told Ford I was looking at the Lariat, and the numbers are way off looking at Ford offers for other models. Hard to think this wasn't supposed to extra, on top of what was publicly available, but I could be wrong. It's always confusing when there are Ford discounts, Ford rebates, Ford retail customer cash, Ford credit rebates, Ford bonus cash, Ford bonanza bucks or whatever. (Yeah, I might have made that last one up.)
Mike Todd
Old 04-26-2017, 09:09 AM

Received 2,548 Likes on 1,345 Posts

There was another thread that basically had your exact reasoning. That it doesn't match this or that. Sometimes on those Ford includes incentives you might qualify for but probably don't, like the $500 military/college cash, or $1500 for a returning F-150 lease.

If it doesn't say Private Cash, and I put a screenshot of what that looks like, then you got everything you were eligible for. The only way looking up your wife would have mattered in the benefits system is if she was driving a competitor vehicle and you missed out on a competitive conquest rebate.

But if you didn't take Ford financing and then refinance to your own, you aren't eligible for most rebates anyway. You also already signed the forms, so thinking about this for even a second longer is pointless. Even if you are right and you missed something, you are out of luck, so why stress out?

I would bet you didn't miss anything. Dealers are usually pretty thorough on that since it's free money to help get you in the vehicle.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:16 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by dedalus5550
Every way I can figure it--trying to use different models and financing or not, doesn't add up. Nothing comes out to the 2,000 cash back and/or the $1500 extra for Ford financing. It's almost close if I focus on the Lariat, which I got, but I never told Ford I was looking at the Lariat, and the numbers are way off looking at Ford offers for other models. Hard to think this wasn't supposed to extra, on top of what was publicly available, but I could be wrong. It's always confusing when there are Ford discounts, Ford rebates, Ford retail customer cash, Ford credit rebates, Ford bonus cash, Ford bonanza bucks or whatever. (Yeah, I might have made that last one up.)
Mike Todd
The $2,000 is easy, that's the 302A package discount that is printed on the window sticker of every XLT with the 302A. There is also a $500 Navigation package discount that is also on the sticker. Neither of these are rebates, they are already on the sticker of the truck.

Since rebates differ by area, it's impossible to comment on what the Ford Credit $1,500 is. "Private Cash" is the term, as stated prior. It's never $2,000, most of the time it's $750, sometimes $1,000, rarely more.

Relax, you didn't miss anything.

Every buyer should ask the dealer for a Smart Vincent printout, which lists all applicable rebates and private cash.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:13 PM

So I went to the dealership today and spoke to my salesman. I showed him the brochure and the first thing he did was say let's go inside and take care of this. Not what I expected. However, when we looked it up, it simply isn't real money. It doesn't match one of the items in the list of possibilities, it doesn't have the 5-digit code it should have, and my wife still doesn't have anything in her name. He said he thought it would work and that if I get anymore, as long as the eligible date range matches my sale, bring it in. He says he has a couple right now who bought a few weeks ago but are waiting to get their transcripts for the college grad discount. So not a fool's errand. By the way, I don't think it matters, but the salesman and the general manager are good friends of my brother-in-law.
Mike Todd