Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Button for Bed Lights Seems to be Disabled

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Button for Bed Lights Seems to be Disabled

When I push the button for the bed lights nothing happens. I can turn them on at the dashboard for the cargo lights and the puddle lights, cargo light, bed lights and hitch light all come on and go off with the dash button. But nothing happens when I hit the button in the bed. Any idea why?
Old 05-03-2017, 01:56 PM

Received 1,267 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by bergsnj
When I push the button for the bed lights nothing happens. I can turn them on at the dashboard for the cargo lights and the puddle lights, cargo light, bed lights and hitch light all come on and go off with the dash button. But nothing happens when I hit the button in the bed. Any idea why?
Bad switch in bed, you turned the switch off in Forscan (not sure if this is possible).. I'm not sure but that switch might complete to ground, telling the BCM to turn on the lights,, not a simple 12V power to the lights like in the old days..
Old 05-03-2017, 02:51 PM

Received 583 Likes on 444 Posts

May have something to do with your recent BCM replacement?
Old 05-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by carrierj
May have something to do with your recent BCM replacement?
Good catch,,,, I missed it was the same guy,, dome lights not working right, bed lights not working, probably a roof leak damaged the first BCM, connection still dirty,, installed a "new" BCM..which fixed the horn and screwed up a bunch of other stuff..

Wish he kept all these problems on one thread instead of starting a new one for every problem or at least link back to all the other threads..

But now would be a good time for him to test that extended warranty he had transferred into his name..

Last edited by Livoniabob; 05-03-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:03 PM

sorry guys. I don't mean to start a bunch of threads on one subject. But the BCM issue is solved and the horn and dome lights work as they should. I figured there might be a function that de-activates the bed button.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:11 PM

sorry guys. I don't mean to start a bunch of threads on one subject. But the BCM issue is solved and the horn and dome lights work as they should. I figured there might be a function that de-activates the bed button.
There might be one in Forscan.. I can almost remember seeing it..
Go to the Forscan sticky thread and ask..But you would think the new BCM would of had it in the stock working position when they flashed it for your truck,,, but then we don't know for sure if they did that do we..

Might as well get yourself set up with Forscan so you can check this and do a lot if other neat stuff..

Last edited by Livoniabob; 05-03-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Livoniabob
There might be one in Forscan.. I can almost remember seeing it..
Go to the Forscan sticky thread and ask..But you would think the new BCM would of had it in the stock working position when they flashed it for your truck,,, but then we don't know for sure if they did that do we..

Might as well get yourself set up with Forscan so you can check this and do a lot if other neat stuff..
I agree.

726-57-01 XXXX XXX1 XX Bed lamps enabled
726-57-01 XXXX XXX0 XX Bed lamps disabled
Old 05-04-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue where the button in the bed would do nothing and the dash button would turn all the bed/cargo lights on. I was about to take it to the dealer and tried it one more time before I called and it worked. Now I have an issue with the cargo lights staying on after I get out of the truck. The other day I went back to the truck after a while and the cargo lights were on. I watched and saw them start to dim like they would turn off and then get bright again. It did it a few times. I ended up using the dash button to turn them off. 2016 Screw
Old 05-04-2017, 02:37 PM

I'm going to get set up with forscan. I'm a mac user though so its a bit more complicated for me. I have an old windows laptop but it is kinda painful to use.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:41 PM

I'm going to get set up with forscan. I'm a mac user though so its a bit more complicated for me. I have an old windows laptop but it is kinda painful to use.
There are several users that do it on Macs using bootcamp to run Windows. Check out the FORScan thread, it was discussed a couple of days ago on there.