Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burger Motorsports JB1/JB4

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 02:01 PM

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Burger Motorsports JB1/JB4

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51436

BMS has a long history with the BMW tuning community, and is developing new products for twin turbo motors from other MFGs.

I have their JB4 plug-in and their intakes on our 2017 Infiniti Q50s AWD. That's also a twin turbo DI motor with a lot of potential. Been very happy with the JB4 and the fact that I can tune it as I like for octane, and pull it completely off for service if needed.

I'll be looking at getting a JB4 for my 2018 F150 EB3.5 shortly.

Mike
Old 04-30-2018, 02:09 PM

Received 699 Likes on 440 Posts

Sounds interesting--You May want to show him the way over here and talk to us as well! Is he planing on tweaking the transmission as well??
Old 04-30-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by icecoldak
Sounds interesting--You May want to show him the way over here and talk to us as well! Is he planing on tweaking the transmission as well??
We'll have to follow over there - there are way too many forums for a vendor to keep up with them all for a given vehicle.

They don't do "tunes": the JB1/4 is an intercept module that uses the OBDC port for data inputs. I not aware that they do a tranny module for anything. I do know people on the Q50 boards that run both a JB4 + a tune, plus standard bolt ons (intakes, and a variety of exhaust changes like DPs, LDPs, cat backs), so there's no reason you can't go that route if you have the budget.

Mike
Old 05-03-2018, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Piggybacks' are nice if you just want a performance increase without any sort of trans/shift strategy tuning, and are virtually undetectable...but I don't think I'd use it on my truck if the intent is for towing or max performance.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by PayForYourGas
Piggybacks' are nice if you just want a performance increase without any sort of trans/shift strategy tuning, and are virtually undetectable...but I don't think I'd use it on my truck if the intent is for towing or max performance.
Considering that many MFGs are now able to detect ECU programming changes via embedded counters and are declining warranty claims as a result (Infiniti is getting really good at this), piggybacks are a pretty safe way to get a performance boost. That's precisely why I went with the JB4 on our Q50s. The performance improvement is significant (+60hp, 80 ft lbs with +5 PSI boost on 92 octane) and I can pull it off in 15 minutes. Because I have extended warranties on both new vehicles, this is the way to go for me. Yeah, you can get more power out of a tune, plus the shift strategy, but the 2018 EB3.5 + 10 speed is pretty solid already. +50HP and +75 ft lbs would be just fine for me.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by PayForYourGas
Considering that many MFGs are now able to detect ECU programming changes via embedded counters and are declining warranty claims as a result (Infiniti is getting really good at this), piggybacks are a pretty safe way to get a performance boost. That's precisely why I went with the JB4 on our Q50s. The performance improvement is significant (+60hp, 80 ft lbs with +5 PSI boost on 92 octane) and I can pull it off in 15 minutes. Because I have extended warranties on both new vehicles, this is the way to go for me. Yeah, you can get more power out of a tune, plus the shift strategy, but the 2018 EB3.5 + 10 speed is pretty solid already. +50HP and +75 ft lbs would be just fine for me.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:35 PM

Received 320 Likes on 240 Posts

Would be fine for me too. What is the cost on one of these compared to a tune? Never mind I just checked his website. Looks like a 55 hp and 66 ft lb increase for the raptor and 45 hp and 73 ft lb for 2.7L ecoboost. I wonder what the regular ecoboost engine would be as well as the pre 17's.

Last edited by bcb97; 05-03-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by mhamershock
Im with you on the JB4---I really love the way my 10-speed works in my truck to be honest, and having this simple device to up power/torque safely is a great! These guys have been tuning the BMW's forever with the JB4 and nothing but great reviews--so I would not hesitate to install this on my truck either!
Old 05-05-2018, 10:37 PM

So anybody gonna give this JB4 a shot with their 3.5EB, I chatted with them but they do not have any Dyno charts for the reg 3.5, only the raptor! I would like to see some numbers on a chart lol.....
Old 05-06-2018, 10:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by icecoldak
So anybody gonna give this JB4 a shot with their 3.5EB, I chatted with them but they do not have any Dyno charts for the reg 3.5, only the raptor! I would like to see some numbers on a chart lol.....
I just bought one. I'm in Canada so it'll probably take some time to get to me, but as soon as it does I'll post up my impressions. I might be able to get a dyno in as well.
The following 3 users liked this post by Element:
2chains (06-03-2018), icecoldak (05-10-2018), mhamershock (05-06-2018)

Quick Reply: Burger Motorsports JB1/JB4