Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bulbs In My Truck From Outer Space

Old 04-17-2019, 12:59 PM

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Bulbs In My Truck From Outer Space

Ford has pulled a real fast one when it comes to the bulbs in my 2019 F150 XLT. The front directional/parking light bulb in the owners manual shows a 7444NA bulb. Do a Bing or a Google search and they are all over the place. BUT, when you pull the bulb out of my truck, it is a Sylvania 4257NA. A bulb that Ford must have found on another planet. An internet search and that bulb can not be found. This is where the big problem comes from when searching for a switchback(white/amber)LED bulb that will fit in the 4257NA socket. I have gone through three manufacturers and found nothing that fits. The fourth one has an LED bulb that has almost all the dimensions of the 4257NA except one. That one is what would keep that bulb from fitting. They list that one as a 4157NA. What a bummer.
Has anyone with a 2019 found one that will fit?
The following users liked this post:
Professor Wizard (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 04:36 PM

Received 130 Likes on 89 Posts

Ford does exactly that every now and then... a little tweak here.. a nip there, and they create a new bulb.

Then, it becomes a Dealer Only Item, and you MUST go to FORD to get the bulb - at Triple the cost of a "normal" bulb from Walmart. (sort of like our $25 Glove Box or Console Keys - Dealer Only Item)

Ford did this with the Headlamp and Fog-light on the 05 Mustangs. Today there are lots of options, but not back in 05'! I remember people buying a different "standard" bulb and cutting off one of the tabs so it would fit, and worked perfectly.

At least we can get to our bulbs.. My 09 Cadillac SRX cost over $300 to change the blinker bulbs or fog bulbs, because you had to completely remove the front clip and bumper to get to them. (Unless you were creative and chipped a hole in the fender lining as many of us DYI guys did.)
Old 04-17-2019, 04:53 PM

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
.....My 09 Cadillac SRX cost over $300 to change the blinker bulbs or fog bulbs, because you had to completely remove the front clip and bumper to get to them. (Unless you were creative and chipped a hole in the fender lining as many of us DYI guys did.)
My 1966 Caddy was the same for the tail/brake light. Take off the bumper. Totally nuts.
Interesting info you have on why I can not find a bulb that will fit.
I guess I could buy a socket for an '18 and cut and splice it on, but that is a little drastic.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:47 PM

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by SnowHater View Post
My 1966 Caddy was the same for the tail/brake light. Take off the bumper. Totally nuts.
Interesting info you have on why I can not find a bulb that will fit.
I guess I could buy a socket for an '18 and cut and splice it on, but that is a little drastic.
Lol, I was in the Phila police dept in 1969. We had `67 Ford custom 4 door sedans. They had to drop the rear bumper to change the tail light & backup bulbs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bulbs In My Truck From Outer Space

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: