Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brought the Lariat in

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Brought the Lariat in

Hey everyone. I brought my 15 Lariat in yesterday to get a few things looked at/fixed. I had water come out of my driver side grab handle a couple weeks ago and made the appointment. I then decided i would just give them a list of things i wanted checked out. I told them about my leather seats that look like they have 50,000 miles on them, and a vibration at 70-75mph. I brought it in before for this same vibration but there was also a vibration at 45mph. They found my rear gears were torn up (not sure how) and that my drive shaft was out of weight. So far they have re-connected my moonroof drain pipe (so dumb there aren't c calms on those) ordered a new seat cover, and now they are trying to hunt down the vibration. Last update i got was they wanted to rotate and balance the tires but my advisor saw I had that done not long ago and wanted to see if the service manager would do it free of cost to see if it would fix the problem. I will say, if you live in the middle TN area, Ford lincoln of Franklin is a great dealership. I am now in a 17 XLT FX rental truck while I wait for the new seat cover and the diagnostic on the vibration.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:42 PM

Received 362 Likes on 231 Posts

Be careful! Last time my 15 Lariat was in the shop I bought a 17 XLT !!!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RubyFX4
Be careful! Last time my 15 Lariat was in the shop I bought a 17 XLT !!!
hahaha!! I brought my 13 in for an oil change and left with my 15 lariat. They like it when its time for my dealer visits.