Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pad Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 10:06 AM

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Brake Pad Recommendations?

So I recently had the wheels off my truck for a rotation. Noticed the front pads are getting pretty low and will need to be replaced soon, rears have plenty of life left. 2015 Lariat with 53,000 kms (~ 33,000 miles), kind of surprised they are as low as they are already. But no big deal, easy to replace.

Planning on ordering from RockAuto, but there are literally dozens of options for our trucks. Any recommendations for which ones I should go with? Their quality categories are economy, daily driver, premium/OE, and high performance. I really have no idea which ones to go with and looking for advice from those more knowledgeable on the subject than I.

Next question is rotors. Recommended to replace those at the same time? I've already had the front rotors turned once under warranty due to bad pulsing (at around 30,000 kms). They've been much better since, but I do notice it starting to come back.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Many posts on the forum on this. Powerstop rotors often mentioned. https://www.f150forum.com/f38/instal...s-pads-250118/
Old 03-17-2017, 10:26 AM

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks. Searched, but couldn't find much. Maybe my search skills are lacking.

To clarify, I'm happy with the brakes (other than the front rotor warping which was covered under warranty). Not really looking for more power. Don't heavy tow ever. Just looking for the equivalent to what I already have, and what the forum recommends as replacements (and whether rotor replacement is recommended as well).