Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blind Spot System Fault

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 10:09 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

Default Blind Spot System Fault

Howdy y’all. Like the title says, my truck started showing “Blind Spot System Fault” and “Cross Traffic System Fault” yesterday. I booted up FORScan today and got a U3000:49 code in the SODR module. Anyone have any insight outside of replacing the $620 module?
Old 08-28-2019, 04:16 AM
Size Matters

Received 3,359 Likes on 1,698 Posts

Last edited by tmcolegr; 08-28-2019 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:02 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Talked to the dealer today (had to go order a new caliper...) and they asked if the light is cracked as that’s usually how they fail. When I said no they were a little surprised. I learned that the module has to be calibrated to the truck though, so not sure that is something I can do with FORScan. Got a price around $1,200 to diagnose, replace, and calibrate the new module. Still hoping someone has experience that points to something other than the BLIS module.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:04 PM

Received 436 Likes on 342 Posts

Each tail has a BLISS module, right? So how do you know which is the offending one? Code seems to indicate an internal failure, but again, if you have 2, you should know which one to replace. Or maybe there's a different module? is your truck out of warranty? If not, then let a dealer mess with that. If not, I'd absolutely try to figure out the issue myself. Is there a way to reset whichever module controls BLISS? That'd be my first test, and see what happens.

Finally, why not include details of your situation? Did you buy the truck new? Was it involved in an accident involving a BLISS taillight? I'm sure there's a history behind that failure, and it'd help the experts to know it . Good luck.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:45 AM
Texas A&M Aggie

Originally Posted by elptxjc
Each tail has a BLISS module, right? So how do you know which is the offending one? Code seems to indicate an internal failure, but again, if you have 2, you should know which one to replace. Or maybe there's a different module? is your truck out of warranty? If not, then let a dealer mess with that. If not, I'd absolutely try to figure out the issue myself. Is there a way to reset whichever module controls BLISS? That'd be my first test, and see what happens.

Finally, why not include details of your situation? Did you buy the truck new? Was it involved in an accident involving a BLISS taillight? I'm sure there's a history behind that failure, and it'd help the experts to know it . Good luck.
Each tail has a BLIS module, the code says "right side" so it is the right tail module. Truck is well outside of warranty for it as I have 50,000 miles, otherwise I'd just be dropping it at the dealer. I am unaware of a way to reset the module that controls BLIS, but that's part of why I'm posting on here.

There's no details to share. I've had the truck new since 2016, no accidents. Just randomly decided to go out. There's no history. That said, it worked perfect driving to work this morning. No idea what happened.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:49 PM

Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts

I get this quite often, I've never had a SODx code, and the BLISS still functions perfectly fine. I attribute it to my forscan changes. for auto fold/reverse mirrors.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:52 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Originally Posted by KrS14
I get this quite often, I've never had a SODx code, and the BLISS still functions perfectly fine. I attribute it to my forscan changes. for auto fold/reverse mirrors.
Interesting, because I have done that as well, along with double honk delete, SYNC theme change, and the "Bambi" mod. Wonder if there's a relation there. It did it for two days but then stopped. It wasn't working on the right side for those two days after driving for a few minutes. Today, no issues at all. Makes me think it's not really a module failure, but more of a program error/short somewhere.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by KrS14
I attribute it to my forscan changes. for auto fold/reverse mirrors.
Interesting. I did all of that too (plus some more), and zero malfunctions so far. If something is messed up with the programming, we'd get errors right away, no? But yes OP, if you had no accidents, and your BLISS is working intermittently, it's definitely not a bad module, so that's good news . Now you have to figure out what's causing the issues. You might have changed something else inadvertently, no? Anyway, the only way to find out is to go back to 'as-built' programming, and maybe make one change at a time to see which one is causing errors. Good luck.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Originally Posted by elptxjc
Interesting. I did all of that too (plus some more), and zero malfunctions so far. If something is messed up with the programming, we'd get errors right away, no? But yes OP, if you had no accidents, and your BLISS is working intermittently, it's definitely not a bad module, so that's good news . Now you have to figure out what's causing the issues. You might have changed something else inadvertently, no? Anyway, the only way to find out is to go back to 'as-built' programming, and maybe make one change at a time to see which one is causing errors. Good luck.
Those changes were made over a year ago, so actually I don't think they could be related. There's no telling at this point. Can't fix what isn't broken. Hopefully it stays working and doesn't break again. Could be that the tail light is pretty dirty (low offset and construction zones) and it spazzed out. Happened once with road mist. It rained a little last night that would've cleaned some dirt off potentially. No idea.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:41 PM

I agree. If you had no issues with the FORScan programming for a year, it's unlikely that's the reason. What you could do is remove the taillight, and check the connections to the module. When I installed my bedliner, when the truck was almost new, there was a lot of crap inside the cavity where the connectors are. I was surprised. Put dielectric grease on the connectors to guarantee a good connection. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
OTTO[AL] (10-17-2023)

Quick Reply: Blind Spot System Fault