Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bitter sweet, so long Ford family

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 05:55 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Bitter sweet, so long Ford family

I no longer have my F-150.

So, as a couple people may know, I've made previous posts about trying to get out of my lease to save money and what not.
I bought the truck last July, and indeed I have enjoyed it... but like many others, had a few complaints.
Overall, yes, I think it's a good truck. It was my own mistake for buying something so incredibly expensive.
I tried getting out of it for a used, less expensive, previous gen but no dice. It was looking like I had around 10 grand negative equity.
To make a long story short, I ended up turning it in for a car (yes I can see all of your guys' eyes rolling right now) 6 grand negative equity BUT I'm still saving 60 bux per month
I made the switch last night, right now I'm happy. I think I made the right decision for now, and I just hope I don't really regret getting rid of the truck. I kind of miss it already a little bit

So I guess I'm no longer part of the brotherhood, but I'll still check in often. Who knows, maybe I'll end up in another Ford truck within a few yrs!

Good news for anyone else looking to get out of their lease/loan is that, for me, I had 4 grand negative equity going into the truck when I bought it, and I put on a lot of miles. So for me having 6K negative right now, it would be a much smaller margin for someone who doesn't drive as much and didn't have negative equity going into their truck.

Last edited by MNFX4eco; 04-15-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:09 PM

Received 143 Likes on 108 Posts

Good for you. But let's be honest : $60 per month is make or break for you and then you decide to lease (!) a pretty much fully decked out Lariat while rolling negative equity into it?

"2015 F 150| Lariat 502a| 3.5 Ecoboost 4X4| "

Highest luxury trim for lariat and 4x4. Should have tried a XLT with RWD... Maybe...
The following users liked this post:
Brad-150 (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 06:25 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

60$?
Old 04-15-2016, 06:25 PM

Received 91 Likes on 67 Posts

I have been in your situation before and traded down. There isn't any point of owning something that make you financially miserable and nobody knows what the future will be like. I am no more happier today with a nice house and nice truck than I was with a smaller house and a used vehicle. I am where I can afford it so that what I have. The more I make the more I spend and thats stupid on my part

Good luck to you in the future and try getting ahead and away from the negative equity.
MNFX4eco (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by W Coyne
I have been in your situation before and traded down. There isn't any point of owning something that make you financially miserable and nobody knows what the future will be like. I am no more happier today with a nice house and nice truck than I was with a smaller house and a used vehicle. I am where I can afford it so that what I have. The more I make the more I spend and thats stupid on my part

Good luck to you in the future and try getting ahead and away from the negative equity.
Thanks man! I agree completely with everything you said.
I could never fully enjoy the truck because I just kept thinking how stupid I was for spending so much on a vehicle.

60/month isn't a huge difference, but for my situation that's enough of a difference for me to do the trade down.

In the future, I'm sure I'll end up getting another truck but I know I won't be getting a high end model again like this Lariat I had. XLT would suit me better
Crewznn (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 06:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MNFX4eco
I no longer have my F-150.

So, as a couple people may know, I've made previous posts about trying to get out of my lease to save money and what not.
I bought the truck last July, and indeed I have enjoyed it... but like many others, had a few complaints.
Overall, yes, I think it's a good truck. It was my own mistake for buying something so incredibly expensive.
I tried getting out of it for a used, less expensive, previous gen but no dice. It was looking like I had around 10 grand negative equity.
To make a long story short, I ended up turning it in for a car (yes I can see all of your guys' eyes rolling right now) 6 grand negative equity BUT I'm still saving 60 bux per month
I made the switch last night, right now I'm happy. I think I made the right decision for now, and I just hope I don't really regret getting rid of the truck. I kind of miss it already a little bit

So I guess I'm no longer part of the brotherhood, but I'll still check in often. Who knows, maybe I'll end up in another Ford truck within a few yrs!

Good news for anyone else looking to get out of their lease/loan is that, for me, I had 4 grand negative equity going into the truck when I bought it, and I put on a lot of miles. So for me having 6K negative right now, it would be a much smaller margin for someone who doesn't drive as much and didn't have negative equity going into their truck.
All the best sir, vehicles are just vehicles and they come and go. As long as you are hanging onto what is important to you (health, family, etc) and having the right state of mind knowing that the current car feels more right for you, that is all that matters.
MNFX4eco (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 07:07 PM

Received 353 Likes on 285 Posts

Sounds like your priorities are in order. Personally, I refuse to make a payment on a vehicle. Took me 40 years to find out it's not worth it and I'm a much happier man without the monthly payments
MNFX4eco (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 07:15 PM

Received 201 Likes on 106 Posts

Tough lesson to learn but sounds like you got it.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:25 PM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Hope that $12/week ($1.71/day) helps ya out.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by zx12-iowa
Hope that $12/week ($1.71/day) helps ya out.
It's actually 13.84/week
If it was only 12 dollars per week there's no way I would've done it

Quick Reply: Bitter sweet, so long Ford family