Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A big F to the ford engineers

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 07:25 AM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Default A big F to the ford engineers

just want to say F YOUford engineer and the bull**** pile of crap lock mechanisms. First frost and I’m trying to get out to my tree stand. Go to leave the house and the god damn door won’t latch shut. Now that it’s shut the door lock will not work and I can’t unlock my rear door .

Its light now. Just felt like giving a shout out to that pile of ****.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:32 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave__the_ss
just want to say F YOUford engineer and the bull**** pile of crap lock mechanisms. First frost and I’m trying to get out to my tree stand. Go to leave the house and the god damn door won’t latch shut. Now that it’s shut the door lock will not work and I can’t unlock my rear door .

Sorry for the rant.
yes it does suck but i know youve seen the service action for the exact problem you have. i have covered parking and am not worried but, if i didn't i would have already done it.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:52 AM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Well I bought my 2015 used. No active recalls on it when I bought it. So I didn’t pay it any mind ....Frost is still an issue. I unfortunately don’t have a garage or covered parking .
Old 10-30-2018, 08:31 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I had been taking my 2015 to the closest dealership to my house for 3 years and was never told anything about the door latch recall. I took it to a different dealer one time recently and they told me about both open recalls (door latches and seat belt tensioners) right away as soon as they pulled it up in the system...

Either find a new dealer or always ask when you drop a vehicle off for service!
Old 10-30-2018, 08:38 AM

Received 271 Likes on 183 Posts

Well I bought my 2015 used. No active recalls on it when I bought it. So I didn’t pay it any mind ....Frost is still an issue. I unfortunately don’t have a garage or covered parking .
This is a known issue. If you park outside and live in a place where it can freeze, you need to have the fix done. If you dont, it is a crapshoot every morning when you go to the truck.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:40 AM

Received 1,204 Likes on 754 Posts

Actually the recall just popped up on my Ford phone app recently like maybe yesterday even.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:49 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I was fortunate enough to not have any of my locks freeze over... living in northern maryland we get plenty of cold enough weather for this issue to occur.... guess I just got lucky! I had the recall work done because I didn't want to be stuck somewhere in the freezing cold climbing over my console or seats in the winter
Old 10-31-2018, 11:38 AM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry for the rant.
Wow. I certainly respect your frustrations, but that was quite a vicious rant on a public forum. When I read these types of comments, I can't help but think about the countless people in the world that wish they even had a front door with a lock. I consider ourselves very fortunate that these are the types of issues that we have to rant about.
The following 2 users liked this post by LKN Cruiser:
HangDiver (11-21-2018), Ricktwuhk (11-03-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 12:09 PM

Received 95 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by LKN Cruiser
Wow. I certainly respect your frustrations, but that was quite a vicious rant on a public forum. When I read these types of comments, I can't help but think about the countless people in the world that wish they even had a front door with a lock. I consider ourselves very fortunate that these are the types of issues that we have to rant about.
The guy was just venting. It doesn't mean he is taking anything for granted. Sensitive much?
The following users liked this post:
robbieg (11-03-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 12:11 PM

Received 612 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by lawndart
The guy was just venting. It doesn't mean he is taking anything for granted. Sensitive much?
Struck a nerve? Two way street and all that.

Quick Reply: A big F to the ford engineers