Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedrug and Pace Edwards Jackrabbit tonneau

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedrug and Pace Edwards Jackrabbit tonneau

Hey gang,

I thought I'd post a couple photos of my new Bedrug and Pace Edwards Jackrabbit tonneau cover. Both were pretty easy to install. This video (
) was really helpful for installing the Bedrug. The trickiest part installing the Jackrabbit was getting the rails to connect to the canister. The tailgate was initially hard to close with both in place, but it is working pretty well at this point. So far I'm happy with both.

Keith
Attached Thumbnails Bedrug and Pace Edwards Jackrabbit tonneau-img_9267.jpg   Bedrug and Pace Edwards Jackrabbit tonneau-img_9268.jpg  
Old 01-10-2016, 05:18 PM

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

I think you installed them upside down

I just ordered a Bedrug from Auto Alterations and a Low Pro QT for a truck I don't have yet. They seem to have the best price I found! This video will help for sure.
The following users liked this post:
Wannafbody (02-20-2016)
Old 01-10-2016, 08:25 PM

Looks like from the photos you have the explorer rails on your Jackrabbit. How do you like the looks of those? I'm very interested in getting a Pace Edwards for these rails so that I can use my Yakima bike rack.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:37 PM

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Thinks for sharing.

I had a Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit tonneau cover on my 06 and I loved it. I'll either get it or a Peragon in a couple months.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by golfproatl
I think you installed them upside down

I just ordered a Bedrug from Auto Alterations and a Low Pro QT for a truck I don't have yet. They seem to have the best price I found! This video will help for sure.
Hah! Yeah something is busted with the attachment part of the site
Old 01-11-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by sapepple
Looks like from the photos you have the explorer rails on your Jackrabbit. How do you like the looks of those? I'm very interested in getting a Pace Edwards for these rails so that I can use my Yakima bike rack.
I think it looks just great. The rail is a little bigger but I haven't noticed it. I don't have any accessories to plug into the rail but I love to kayak and bike so expect I might get one that would work for that. Or possibly our Thule box.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:55 PM

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

How did you hang your truck trim the ceiling? Is it really necessary for the install?
Old 02-19-2016, 10:28 PM

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Bedrug and Pace Edwards Jackrabbit tonneau

Hey there,

I just picked up my truck tonight from the dealer. I had them pre-install the bedrug. I had the Jackrabbit sitting in my garage waiting on the truck.

Upon installing the jackrabbit, I realized that I can't close the tailgate. It seems that I dont' have the clearance from the rails. My suspicion is the added thickness of the bedrug has pushed the rails back to interfere with the tailgate.

Did you encounter this when installing yours?

Thanks,
Old 02-20-2016, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Red-line
Hey there,

I just picked up my truck tonight from the dealer. I had them pre-install the bedrug. I had the Jackrabbit sitting in my garage waiting on the truck.

Upon installing the jackrabbit, I realized that I can't close the tailgate. It seems that I dont' have the clearance from the rails. My suspicion is the added thickness of the bedrug has pushed the rails back to interfere with the tailgate.

Did you encounter this when installing yours?

Thanks,
It was pretty tight at first. I'm sure the material adds thickness. Over the first few weeks it became easier and easier to close the tailgate. Now it's no problem.

Keith

Quick Reply: Bedrug and Pace Edwards Jackrabbit tonneau