Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bak Revolver X2 cover with 2015 F150

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Bak Revolver X2 cover with 2015 F150

Anyone using one of these? Thoughts? Seems pretty sweet and should work with the auto tailgate.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:34 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dtibbals
Anyone using one of these? Thoughts? Seems pretty sweet and should work with the auto tailgate.
Just installed mine Friday. I posted previously that I had an issue with installation, but I figured that out with some makeshift shims and now I love it.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:43 PM

For anyone interested, here is the shimming I had to do to get it to align correctly. I used 1/4" wood in two places on one side near the tailgate, and 3/16" plywood in one spot on the other side, also near the tailgate. This twisted the rail just enough away from the truck for the rail to sit more perpendicular to the walls of the bed. Then I used about 4 inches of the 1/4" weather stripping that came with the cover (intended for the bulkhead) underneath the horizontal part of the rail at the very end near the tailgate. This lifted the rails on each side just enough so I could engage the latches on each side. As it sits now, I can close and latch the cover with the tailgate either open or closed, and then open or close the tailgate with the cover closed. Either way it forms a tight seal with the tailgate.

Last edited by 9 County; 06-14-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:50 PM

A couple of answers for things I was wondering - yes, the auto tailgate works fine with this cover, at least the way it sits now. I think the weather stripping under the end of the rails lifted it just enough that it sits tight but not so tight to hold the tailgate in after unlatching it. The other thing a few forum users, including me, were wondering was whether Bak had addressed the security issue that has been pointed out in a youtube video, where the cord that unlatches the cover could be accessed with a screwdriver while the cover is closed. The answer is no, the cord is still in the same position and doesn't have a cover on it. I will probably do the same mod that the youtube poster did, putting a cover across the gap to cover the cord from the back, but I'm not totally convinced it is necessary. The cover sits really tight against the tailgate and i think it would be tricky to get a screwdriver in at the right angle to pull the cord. My druther would be for them to have covered it in some way, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much now that I see it in person.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I had mine installed by BAK on Thursday and I love it. I really wanted a hard no/low profile cover with no lines (fold). This one fit my needs perfectly. I have had no issues with noise, rattles, etc. going down the road or over road imperfections. I am happy with it and would recommend it to anyone. I posted these pics in another thread, but here they are again.

9 County, how did you get the BAK Box mounted. When I was at BAK, they related the mounts for the BAK Box to the Revolver X2 were still in production. I am going back there in a month to serve as a test truck for the mounting system.
Attached Thumbnails Bak Revolver X2 cover with 2015 F150-20150611_114519.jpg   Bak Revolver X2 cover with 2015 F150-20150613_095436.jpg  

Last edited by Spencerello; 06-14-2015 at 01:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Spencerello:
Kajunmantx (06-18-2015), SURF150 (05-27-2016)
Old 06-14-2015, 01:02 PM

The Bak Box worked fine with the rails. The only thing I did of note was the brackets/clamps that came with it have a Side A for the Roll-X and a Side B for folding covers. Side A didn't hold the box in place so I used Side B and it worked perfectly. The only thing I don't care for with the Bak Box is that it covers the front Box Link bracket. I'm working on a mod for that.

The following users liked this post:
Spencerello (06-14-2015)
Old 06-14-2015, 01:06 PM

Also, I need to second what's been said about Morrie at Bak Factory Outlet / Tonneau Factory Outlet. I don't think I've ever seen a level of customer service as high as what Morrie provides. He called me each time there was an update on my order, and when I e-mailed him about my installation issues, he called to get more information and was checking with Bak to see if they could help me. I can't recommend him highly enough.

As for my funky looking shims, I will tweak those to look better but they work so perfectly right now that I'm hesitant to mess with them.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a feeling it would cover that. Let me know how you mod that. I would be very interested in doing the same when I get my BAK Box.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 9 County
A couple of answers for things I was wondering - yes, the auto tailgate works fine with this cover, at least the way it sits now. I think the weather stripping under the end of the rails lifted it just enough that it sits tight but not so tight to hold the tailgate in after unlatching it. The other thing a few forum users, including me, were wondering was whether Bak had addressed the security issue that has been pointed out in a youtube video, where the cord that unlatches the cover could be accessed with a screwdriver while the cover is closed. The answer is no, the cord is still in the same position and doesn't have a cover on it. I will probably do the same mod that the youtube poster did, putting a cover across the gap to cover the cord from the back, but I'm not totally convinced it is necessary. The cover sits really tight against the tailgate and i think it would be tricky to get a screwdriver in at the right angle to pull the cord. My druther would be for them to have covered it in some way, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much now that I see it in person.

so concerning the security does it seem pretty easy to get a coat hanger in and pull on the cord? right now I have the VP and I was looking at the X2
The following users liked this post:
Mark Mace (11-19-2015)
Old 06-14-2015, 06:53 PM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Bak Revolver X2 cover with 2015 F150

All that ply wood doesn't set my mind at ease. I'm awaiting mine to come in. Looks like it will take some tweaking to get the $800 cover to work rite. Kind of disappointing

Quick Reply: Bak Revolver X2 cover with 2015 F150