Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backup Camera Connector Locations?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 02:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Backup Camera Connector Locations?

Took my truck into the dealer to try and get my backup camera working, I’ve been getting the blue screen of death with increasing regularity. After they replaced the camera itself and the image processing module it’s still not working, but I had to pickup the truck because I need it for the upcoming Thanksgiving road trip.

I’d like to get it working because I am weak and dependent, so I’m going to check connectors for corrosion. Does anyone have any diagrams/images with connector locations for the rear camera? I’ve got a rough idea where the tailgate wiring harness connects from the XL camera retrofit guide, but I’d like to know where else there are connections, especially if there is something different with a trailer backup assist equipped truck.

Thanks!

Last edited by Steage; 11-23-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One connector will be where the tailgate harness connects to the rear harness, on the driver's side between the spare and the rear-most frame cross-member. The other will likely be where the rear harness has a connector to the main harness running up to the engine compartment. This is also on the driver's side, between the spare and the main frame rail. There may be a larger connector next to it, and also the trailer connector wires will run near there as well.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:34 PM

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,491 Posts

These are for a 2016 but I suspect there isn't much, if any, difference.

Hope this is helpful.
Attached Thumbnails Backup Camera Connector Locations?-rear-wiring-1.jpg   Backup Camera Connector Locations?-rear-wiring-2.jpg   Backup Camera Connector Locations?-tailgate-wiring.jpg  
Old 11-24-2019, 12:15 AM

Received 335 Likes on 209 Posts

The previously mentioned connectors between the bumper and the spare. Further upstream there is a connector on top of the LF wheel well underneath the brake master cylinder. Then inside the cab on the left side kick panel.

Although not impossible I don’t suspect a connector issue but then again we don’t see much of any corrosion issues in Denver.

Quick Reply: Backup Camera Connector Locations?