Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back-up Camera freeze

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Back-up Camera freeze

I have a 2015 Platinum and i keep experiencing a picture freeze on the screen when i put it in reverse. Does anyone else experience this problem?
Old 05-08-2016, 07:19 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't have a platinum so I don't have the 360, but mine hasn't given me any problems at all yet (knock on wood)
The following users liked this post:
dbljae (05-09-2016)
Old 07-14-2017, 01:30 PM

Default 360 Camera Freeze

I have a 2015 F-150 Platinum with the 360 camera and yesterday I started getting an odd freezing problem.

I had backed out of my driveway with no problem with the camera. However when I went to park at my destination for lunch and put the truckin reverse it still showed the last image from backing out of my driveway. It stayed that way.

When I turned off my truck and came back to it when it was time to leave the camera appeared to work until I went to park it again later and put it in reverse. Now it showed an image from the parking lot from earlier when I started the truck to leave lunch.

This morning when leaving for the office I did a master reset on the MyTouch. the camera worked when leaving home but still had the issue at the office. I will test again this afternoon as the truck had not been shut off between the master reset and the issue happening.

Any insight on this problem?
Old 07-14-2017, 02:29 PM

Default Camera Freeze

Originally Posted by rmbennett72
I have a 2015 F-150 Platinum with the 360 camera and yesterday I started getting an odd freezing problem.

I had backed out of my driveway with no problem with the camera. However when I went to park at my destination for lunch and put the truckin reverse it still showed the last image from backing out of my driveway. It stayed that way.

When I turned off my truck and came back to it when it was time to leave the camera appeared to work until I went to park it again later and put it in reverse. Now it showed an image from the parking lot from earlier when I started the truck to leave lunch.

This morning when leaving for the office I did a master reset on the MyTouch. the camera worked when leaving home but still had the issue at the office. I will test again this afternoon as the truck had not been shut off between the master reset and the issue happening.

Any insight on this problem?
Yes, your camera sensor is located behind the rearview mirror, it has gone bad. Hope that you are still under warranty, and the dealership should replace and repair with no charge. Otherwise, it may cost you between $1300 - $1500 bucks to replace... Dealership replaced mine and it's been working like a charm. Hope you don't have anything that can cause electronic interference hanging around your mirror..... Let me know if this helps....

Quick Reply: Back-up Camera freeze