Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autonation Katy - And all Houston area dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 01:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Autonation Katy - And all Houston area dealerships

So, after being a lurker to these forums for years and gaining a lot of valuable insight to the platform, it's time I rejoined the family. My first F150 was an 89 Lariat, RCLB with the 4.9 straight six (Should've never parted with that truck!)

Retired from the Marines back in 2010 and got into nursing and landed here in Texas, have had my '04 Mazda 3 hatchback since I bought it new while stationed in NC and after 183000+ miles with little extensive maintenance required, it's time to retire what's been a good car to me and upgrade/spoil myself a bit since the road from medical retirement to nursing has been a long arduous road.

Criteria is straight forward, I've narrowed down what I want. Black interior, preferable white exterior but flexible. 5.0 with minimum of 3.55 rear for future lift, ideally would prefer 157 wheelbase, know I'll have to add tow mirrors after the fact (Can add mirrors after the fact, can't increase bed length). Would prefer to avoid moonroof, but too hard to pass up deals on outgoing 2016s. Must have LED headlights, I work nights and thus want optimum visibility when driving. So obviously I know I'll be shopping Lariat and above for above options or do a lot of aftermarket upgrades on an XLT to option out (Raptor Retrofit headlights, tow mirrors plus switch and module upgrade in doors, Katzkin leathers), either way it's give or take either direction and know the money is gonna go out the wallet

So I've found a few near matches, but have no background on local dealers on who to avoid, who's willing to work with the customer, who'll have great customer service after the purchase, etc. Hence why I turn to this forum, as I've noticed a population from here in Houston.

This is what I found that I'm looking at, but hoping I'm not getting in over my head. Wish it didn't have moonroof, will add tow mirrors on my own eventually. But know if I wait and order a 2017, I'll be paying considerably more unless I keep playing the waiting game. http://www.autonationfordkaty.net/ve...fw1ef0gfb10761

Found its clone in Austin and Missouri, and Alaska. So back to the dealers....? Thanks all for the input and I'll continue to quietly lurk until I plop down the cash and make the buy (hopefully in near future)

-Semper Fidelis
Old 09-11-2016, 02:39 PM

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

I bought my truck in June from AN Katy. I worked with their internet sales guy Ryan Davis and got a really good price. He's very easy to work with and is not a greasy sales guy - no pressure just there to help and very knowledgeable. At least that was my experience. Have not been there for service yet, only 4K on my truck. I will say they have a good waiting area with fast WIFI for the service department. Used it when I went in for the spray in liner. PM me if you want Ryan's direct phone number or have other specific questions.

Thank you for your service!
Old 09-11-2016, 03:14 PM

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Sent you a PM with a bunch of info on local Houston dealers.
The following users liked this post:
Echo5iveDelta (09-11-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 03:43 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

While looking for our first '16 F150, we shopped at AN Katy bc it is local, but in the end, the deal wasnt to be had there. Ended up driving an hour to Friendly Ford of Crosby (smaller, family owned dealer). Easy transaction. I would encourage you to check their inventory for what you want...

My inlaws bought from Ryan Ford in Sealy, and had a great experience. They just didnt have what we were looking for at the time.

Chastang's Bayou City Ford sells a lot more superduty/work trucks, but they seemed to have some pretty good deals on their inventory when we were looking. Justin, the internet sales manager was very friendly & knowledgeable.

We almost bought our 2nd '16 F150 from Helfman. Again, very easy process... Actually put down a check to hold the vehicle so we could sleep on it. When we got home we did more searching and found a dealer in San Antonio (McCombs Ford West). Their internet price for the same truck was better, and when we contacted them, they worked up a drive out for us that was $1,800 less than any dealer we tried dealing with in Houston (including Helfman). Bc it was the end of the month, and we couldn't get to San Antonio before the 31st to do paperwork, the salesman actually got approval to deliver the vehicle to me locally here in Katy and we did all of the paperwork at my bank. (Awesome customer service!)

As duck said, if you want direct contact info for the salesmen at any of the above mentioned stores, let me know and I can get it to ya.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Ordered my '16 from AN Katy, best price on custom ordered truck, felt like there was a little lack on communication, but it might just been in my head (since there was raelly not much to communicate). They got me the best price by far, and delivered exactly everything they offered. Would order from them again.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Echo5iveDelta
So, after being a lurker to these forums for years and gaining a lot of valuable insight to the platform, it's time I rejoined the family. My first F150 was an 89 Lariat, RCLB with the 4.9 straight six (Should've never parted with that truck!)

Retired from the Marines back in 2010 and got into nursing and landed here in Texas, have had my '04 Mazda 3 hatchback since I bought it new while stationed in NC and after 183000+ miles with little extensive maintenance required, it's time to retire what's been a good car to me and upgrade/spoil myself a bit since the road from medical retirement to nursing has been a long arduous road.

Criteria is straight forward, I've narrowed down what I want. Black interior, preferable white exterior but flexible. 5.0 with minimum of 3.55 rear for future lift, ideally would prefer 157 wheelbase, know I'll have to add tow mirrors after the fact (Can add mirrors after the fact, can't increase bed length). Would prefer to avoid moonroof, but too hard to pass up deals on outgoing 2016s. Must have LED headlights, I work nights and thus want optimum visibility when driving. So obviously I know I'll be shopping Lariat and above for above options or do a lot of aftermarket upgrades on an XLT to option out (Raptor Retrofit headlights, tow mirrors plus switch and module upgrade in doors, Katzkin leathers), either way it's give or take either direction and know the money is gonna go out the wallet

So I've found a few near matches, but have no background on local dealers on who to avoid, who's willing to work with the customer, who'll have great customer service after the purchase, etc. Hence why I turn to this forum, as I've noticed a population from here in Houston.

This is what I found that I'm looking at, but hoping I'm not getting in over my head. Wish it didn't have moonroof, will add tow mirrors on my own eventually. But know if I wait and order a 2017, I'll be paying considerably more unless I keep playing the waiting game. http://www.autonationfordkaty.net/ve...fw1ef0gfb10761

Found its clone in Austin and Missouri, and Alaska. So back to the dealers....? Thanks all for the input and I'll continue to quietly lurk until I plop down the cash and make the buy (hopefully in near future)

-Semper Fidelis

Just got off the phone with Keith, he is no longer with Appel in Brenham but is with another dealer in College Station who also has a Ford dealership.

Be advised, the last guy I referred to him (Keith) from Louisianna, cut a great deal then went to his local dealership and they said they would do it for 100 less. He chose that deal and Keith ran the info on the truck he bought and it did not have all of the bells and whistles like the one he was ordering thru Keith!

Keith called him and broke the news to him, needless to say, the guy was upset! Only one person he should have been upset with, himself!

Give him an email.

Thanks,

Ed
Old 09-11-2016, 04:52 PM

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Autonation Ford Katy has been my dealership for service and complaints since I got my truck from Tomball Ford. My experiences were mostly good and bad at times. They gave me free oil change and etc to cool me down and to protect their good reputation. They even replaced my tailgate step and rear seat due to armrest problem.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by FX4*
Autonation Ford Katy has been my dealership for service and complaints since I got my truck from Tomball Ford. My experiences were mostly good and bad at times. They gave me free oil change and etc to cool me down and to protect their good reputation. They even replaced my tailgate step and rear seat due to armrest problem.

Only issue I have had with AN Ford Katy is, every time I have gone in there for service, they say its going to be a week before it gets looked at! They are a very busy dealership! AN Ford is 2 minutes from the house, so I go to Tommie Vaughn Ford near downtown, 20 minutes away..

Bought a used car from their internet sales, once.
The following users liked this post:
FX4* (09-11-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 05:15 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm in Tampa, but flew to Houston for my truck. I worked with Nic Javurek at Joe Myers in Houston. I wanted a very select truck and was having difficulty with it anywhere near local, expanded my search to all of the U.S. and found one at Joe Myers that was as close as I felt I'd get. I reached out to the dealership and Nic reached back out to me. Helped me find the EXACT one I wanted. So, I flew out there, got my truck and drove back.

Since getting back to Tampa, he's reached out several times to make sure I'm good with the truck and everything else. Defiantly like that place. As far as service, can't really say since I won't be taking my vehicle there (obviously).

Last edited by carlbme; 09-11-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling of dealership.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by carlbme
I'm in Tampa, but flew to Houston for my truck. I worked with Nic Javurek at Joe Myers in Houston. I wanted a very select truck and was having difficulty with it anywhere near local, expanded my search to all of the U.S. and found one at Joe Myers that was as close as I felt I'd get. I reached out to the dealership and Nic reached back out to me. Helped me find the EXACT one I wanted. So, I flew out there, got my truck and drove back.

Since getting back to Tampa, he's reached out several times to make sure I'm good with the truck and everything else. Defiantly like that place. As far as service, can't really say since I won't be taking my vehicle there (obviously).

That's where I actually bought my truck, 2013. After giving the VIN to my friend Keith, he said that the internet deal they were giving me at the end of the year run was killer and that he would suggest I grab it since it was what I wanted.

I stopped using them for 3 reasons:
1.) poor service department, told me my electric fans operation were normal when in fact they were broken;
2.) up selling services in the service department and;
3.) horrible attitude of the then GM, when it came to assist me with troubleshooting my fan(s) issue and my over all experience complaint.

but I am sure others have had great experiences.

Quick Reply: Autonation Katy - And all Houston area dealerships