Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anzo headlights review (15-17)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 10:27 PM

Received 300 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Anzo headlights review (15-17)

I recently got these ANZO headlights for my F150. Full disclosure, these were given to me by JC Whitney for review. That said, I do really love these lights! I've had similar a similar style on my '13 from another brand and these put them to shame.

The look is great, the housings are well made, and the light output is surprisingly good (especially compared to that other brand.) I am using Morimoto 2 Stroke LED bulbs (for now) and never used the halogen that ANZO included.

Install really isn't as bad as I was thinking. Anyone can do it.

I did a full install and review on YouTube.

What do you guys think? I have then set to Amber DRL right now. What looks better?

This is an affiliate link to JC Whitney: http://jc-whitney.evyy.net/Dq1Qn

I don't care if you buy from them or not, I have no obligation to push sales to them, but if you are considering buying these headlights, do me a favor and check them out with that link. That link let's them know I sent you. They were super cool to work with and are interested in working with enthusiasts in the community. If they see activity, they may be willing to do more stuff like this.
The following 4 users liked this post by A/Ox4:
acoro.eth (11-12-2023), bobbaudo (11-16-2021), jgee77 (03-05-2019), ___ (03-05-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 10:39 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Great Review. As new owner myself I have only one complaint.

I honestly don’t like the narrow projector output. My units at least do not throw light to the sides of the truck what’s so ever. At a stop sign, the corner of the curb is completely dark. If there is a pedestrian there starting to cross, it’s very dark and hard to see.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jhous3s
Great Review. As new owner myself I have only one complaint.

I honestly don’t like the narrow projector output. My units at least do not throw light to the sides of the truck what’s so ever. At a stop sign, the corner of the curb is completely dark. If there is a pedestrian there starting to cross, it’s very dark and hard to see.
I'll have to pay attention to that!
I have Morimoto XB LED fog lights and they throw pretty good because of the projector. I'm going to turn them off and see what you're on to!
Old 03-04-2019, 11:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Here’s a pic of mine.

Top is Anzo Only with 5k HIDs in the low beam. Bottom is Anzo with $15 LEDs in factory fogs.

The following users liked this post:
bobbaudo (11-16-2021)
Old 03-05-2019, 01:54 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I love mine. I went with the chrome housings because the rest of my truck is chrome and they look awesome.

In the day time up until dusk I just use the parking lights so I can only have the white outlined plank. Otherwise, switched to auto and let the LED's shine. My only regret is not converting my high beams to LED's but oh well. I'm putting in LED fogs which will take care of that.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:07 PM
___

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it seem the Anzo head lights have a better fit than the tail lights? I'm a little hesitant to purchase these headlights in fear they may not fit properly after my experience with the tail light products from Anzo (I had the G2 Lariat-Style Outline). It's a real shame, because I like Anzo's styling a lot compared to others that are out there.

Informative video though!
Old 03-05-2019, 07:37 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ___
Does it seem the Anzo head lights have a better fit than the tail lights? I'm a little hesitant to purchase these headlights in fear they may not fit properly after my experience with the tail light products from Anzo (I had the G2 Lariat-Style Outline). It's a real shame, because I like Anzo's styling a lot compared to others that are out there.

When I was researching the headlights, I found a lot more threads related to problems with the tail lights. I don't have any experience working on cars or trucks, and I had a shop install the headlights. Took them an hour to do both.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by ___

No major fitment issues for me. As I mentioned in the video, there is some misalignment of some bolt holes. But this was minor and didn't cause any of the bolts go uninstalled or unaligned.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:48 AM

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Looks good next on my list
Old 03-17-2019, 09:44 AM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

I have the original Anzo non switchback lights, had no fitment issues at all. I installed the Sylvania ZXE bulbs at time of install, never did get around to installing any type of LEDs or HID, they still have better light output than the original factory headlights. The Anzo headlights have been in my F150 for over 2.5 years, no issues at all and I think they look great.

Quick Reply: Anzo headlights review (15-17)