Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with teenagers have the Husky X-Act Contour REAR floor mats???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 01:03 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Anyone with teenagers have the Husky X-Act Contour REAR floor mats???

Hey all, I have read through these forums and I believe the Husky X-Act Contour mat for the rear seat is my best option for the full coverage it provides. I do have a specific question, do any of you that have this rear mat have kids that play sports? I am curious as to how these will hold up to soccer cleats (or baseball, football, etc.). Are the mats durable enough to handle the foot traffic with cleats on? Thanks!
Old 10-23-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you have the stock mats that you can throw on top of the Huskys during cleat season?
Old 10-23-2015, 02:45 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 800 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by LKN Cruiser
Hey all, I have read through these forums and I believe the Husky X-Act Contour mat for the rear seat is my best option for the full coverage it provides. I do have a specific question, do any of you that have this rear mat have kids that play sports? I am curious as to how these will hold up to soccer cleats (or baseball, football, etc.). Are the mats durable enough to handle the foot traffic with cleats on? Thanks!
I have the Huskys in the rear of mine and they will hold up to cleats. I have younger kids, but we transport tons of items in my truck. We throw used super duty suspension parts in there with no problems.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:45 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

just a thought here, somewhat related to your question...
I always see kids or teenagers in soccer "outfit", cleats on, running around in malls, restaurants, food courts, stores, whatever... I always wondered, can't just you change after practice?

I played soccer as a kid back in Europe, I never, ever left practice or Saturday games with all my gear on... at bare minimum, take your cleats off and wear a pair of runners.

is that not common here in North America? same with judo / karate kimonos, or mind you, nurses walking around town with the same work clothes they'll wear in an hour looking after a patient inside the hospital... different cultures, I guess, or just pure laziness?

just curious... besides that, I have rubber floors mats so not exactly what you're asking...
The following users liked this post:
txbbqF150 (12-14-2017)
Old 10-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Saved by Grace

Received 262 Likes on 68 Posts

Both of my teenage daughters play travel soccer, I play on a 35+ league and coach a high school girl's varsity team. In addition both girls are involved in ODP and play for their middle school and high school soccer teams.

The Husky X-Act Contours are a BLESSING! My back seat gets so much MUD and dirt on the floor mats and you can easily vacuum the big and dry pieces up then wipe down the Husky mats without even removing them.

This is definitely one of the best purchases I've made. In fact, I should go snap a quick photo of my muddy rear mats just for fun! I think my game ball is back there from last night's "Old Man" league game.

And yeah, they'll hold up to cleats and the wife's high heels too.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:25 PM

Received 127 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by ecopat
I always see kids or teenagers in soccer "outfit", cleats on, running around in malls, restaurants, food courts, stores, whatever... I always wondered, can't just you change after practice?

I played soccer as a kid back in Europe, I never, ever left practice or Saturday games with all my gear on... at bare minimum, take your cleats off and wear a pair of runners.

is that not common here in North America? same with judo / karate kimonos, or mind you, nurses walking around town with the same work clothes they'll wear in an hour looking after a patient inside the hospital... different cultures, I guess, or just pure laziness?

just curious... besides that, I have rubber floors mats so not exactly what you're asking...
Very rare kids change clothes after practice or a game at the field. Most people don't want their kids changing clothes in some nasty azz porta-jon....always made my daughter take her cleats off tho
130428 (10-23-2015)
Old 10-23-2015, 04:36 PM
Saved by Grace

Received 262 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by ecopat

My kids 'lace their boots' on the ride to training...
130428 (10-23-2015)
Old 10-25-2015, 12:21 AM

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

I have X Act in the front and rear. No experience with cleats, but I don't see why not. Very durable. I'm happy with them.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:04 AM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by LKN Cruiser
no teenagers, but I have a rambunctious German Shepherd and his claws don't even make scratches on the exact contours. only problem is the mat moves back and I have to slide it back in place forward an inch or so daily. my old weather beaters in my '04 didn't move at all. the front exact contours fit great and don't move.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:18 PM

Received 1,585 Likes on 950 Posts

I think I've got you covered, LKN.... I have two boys, one plays football, the other, soccer. We have two big dogs. I'm always hauling the boys, and sometimes the dogs, to and from practice & games.....no issues with the Husky liners. They will take pretty much anything you throw at them.....(I might not try golf shoes!)

Quick Reply: Anyone with teenagers have the Husky X-Act Contour REAR floor mats???