Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running the AFE Stage 2 intake with no tune or exhaust on their 2.7

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 02:18 PM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Anyone running the AFE Stage 2 intake with no tune or exhaust on their 2.7

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on running just the AFE Stage 2 intake with no other mods on their 2.7 truck before I spend the money on this thing.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 72 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm back in a Ford after having a ram 1500 5.7 hemi for 4 years. I had the aFe stage 2 in it. Do I regret buying it? no. Do I think it made the truck perform better? no. Did it sound kinda cool at high RPMs? yes. did it look good under the hood? yes.

let's just say this time around with a brand new truck, I'm not throwing a bunch of "performance mods" at it. because in the end I think they don't do much at all that you can notice.

tunes are a different thing. I am all for those
Old 09-09-2015, 04:10 PM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

That is kind of the way I am leaning. The last vehicle I had that I bought an intake for was a 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo with a 6speed and I didn't like it at all. I think I am going to stick with a dry aem drop in filter and tunes.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:39 AM

Received 72 Likes on 30 Posts

I think that is a great plan.

just my opinion though. Maybe someone else has a better experience
Old 09-10-2015, 09:13 AM

Received 254 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by thekevin
That is kind of the way I am leaning. The last vehicle I had that I bought an intake for was a 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo with a 6speed and I didn't like it at all. I think I am going to stick with a dry aem drop in filter and tunes.
That's exactly what I did for my 2.7 Eco. I have the AEM Pro Dry drop in filter & the 3" MBRP Stainless SI/SO Exhaust. Now I'm currently trying to decide between 5* & Livernois for tunes.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:39 AM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasttimez
That's exactly what I did for my 2.7 Eco. I have the AEM Pro Dry drop in filter & the 3" MBRP Stainless SI/SO Exhaust. Now I'm currently trying to decide between 5* & Livernois for tunes.
If you have any questions you think I can answer regarding the 2.7 5* tunes, let me know. I have the 87 eco, 87 perf/tow, and 93 performance. I've run them all. I have the iTSX Device as a tuner so everything is BT and it's neat to be wireless and to have the gauges on my iPhone or iPad.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:00 AM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasttimez
Our tuning would definitely allow your truck to take full advantage of the modifications you have now. Most report a few MPG better as well, especially when they have some bolt ons similar to you.

If you are local to us, we would gladly take you for a spin in our truck to see the difference. I can tell you my co-worker that drives the 2.7 with our 93 tune daily comes in with a different story every day and ear to ear grin. The throttle response is amazing compared to factory and the transmission no longer seems confused when attempting to pass / merge. Most common initial responses from our 2.7 customers have been WOW , unbelievable, and this is how the truck should have came stock.

Feel free to give us a shout if you have any questions about the tune or any other products we offer.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports
Our tuning would definitely allow your truck to take full advantage of the modifications you have now. Most report a few MPG better as well, especially when they have some bolt ons similar to you.

If you are local to us, we would gladly take you for a spin in our truck to see the difference. I can tell you my co-worker that drives the 2.7 with our 93 tune daily comes in with a different story every day and ear to ear grin. The throttle response is amazing compared to factory and the transmission no longer seems confused when attempting to pass / merge. Most common initial responses from our 2.7 customers have been WOW , unbelievable, and this is how the truck should have came stock.

Feel free to give us a shout if you have any questions about the tune or any other products we offer.
I have a 2011 3.5 and was thinking about a tune. What kind of hp and torque increase could I expect to see? I've been wanting one for awhile.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:06 PM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Fordman1979!
I have a 2011 3.5 and was thinking about a tune. What kind of hp and torque increase could I expect to see? I've been wanting one for awhile.
Here is a dyno sheet of our 93 performance tune for the 2011-14 F150 EcoBoost. This is tune only, bone stock truck vs 93 tuned.

Peak gains on this pull were 69 RWHP and 88 RWTQ. Notice though up top, gains are much more. We left the cursor on the graph so you can see the gains. Around 104 RWHP / 114 RWTQ.

We also have more powerful tunes for additional bolt on mods as well such as our latest Xv1 tune. We had a customer here on the dyno who made over 390 whp and 490 ft lbs tq with only the addition of our Evenflo colder thermostat and a cold air intake.

Feel free to PM me your info or give us a call if you would like to discuss this further or to place an order as well. My name is Anthony @ 313-561-5500 ext 1.

Quick Reply: Anyone running the AFE Stage 2 intake with no tune or exhaust on their 2.7