Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone replaced Hankook DynaPro ATM with Michelin LTXM/S2??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 643 Likes on 299 Posts

Default Anyone replaced Hankook DynaPro ATM with Michelin LTXM/S2??

Still waiting for COTUS to show my 2015 Platinum going to production but wondering if anyone has made the switch from OEM tires to Michelin LTXM/S2s and most importantly, if you did, did it give you a ride etc. that made the switch worthwhile. I know what a dealer will trade me for mine and that I can dispose of the OEMs on Craigslist, but if the Michelins are only marginally better than the factory Hankooks....why do it!!

Anyone changed them and, if so, was it THAT big an improvement!?
Old 06-13-2015, 08:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Following...

I am wondering if the michelin tires will give a little better ride quality or if its the 20's.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:10 AM
2023 402a Tremor

Received 134 Likes on 93 Posts

My hankooks are much nicer ride than I thought. Comparable to Bridgestone duelers which are on par with the the michelins.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:32 AM

Default In production....still considering switchover

Originally Posted by Tolson37
My hankooks are much nicer ride than I thought. Comparable to Bridgestone duelers which are on par with the the michelins.

I am Op on this thread and still have not heard from anyone that made that switch....to Michelins.... Hankooks rate well but concerned about some reviews (e.g. Consumer Reports) where owners claim they get real noisy after 15K miles and are not great in the wet.....any feedback appreciated since my 2015 is now in production....
Old 06-19-2015, 10:06 AM

Received 116 Likes on 87 Posts

I haven't done it yet since I am still waiting for my truck to arrive but I will be swapping out the Hankooks for the Michelins. Truck should be here in 3-4 weeks My reason for the swap will be the fact that my truck will see way more time on the highway than it will on dirt/gravel so I want something that will be a smoother ride and better in the snow.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AZPlatinumEB
I am Op on this thread and still have not heard from anyone that made that switch....to Michelins.... Hankooks rate well but concerned about some reviews (e.g. Consumer Reports) where owners claim they get real noisy after 15K miles and are not great in the wet.....any feedback appreciated since my 2015 is now in production....
Why not wait until 15k miles and see then? I was told the hankooks are nice tires. Although mine are on the stock rims in my garage 😜
Old 06-04-2016, 11:07 PM

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have input on this topic? I was considering the same thing. Switching the Hankook to Michelin for a better ride. I feel they are bumpy in the city, but seem more compliant outside the city.
Thanks.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I changed out the Hankooks for Michelin LTX M/S2 tires about 2 months ago. My truck is an asphalt queen, so it made no sense to have the knobby Hankook tires. I also didn't like the ride or handling. Both improved greatly with new tires as did mileage. I'm averaging 19.1 now with a mix of city and highway with highway being about 50%. And yes, I have manually verified mileage and the computer is spot on.

Hankook is a very good tire brand and the Dynapros are good for a on/off-road tire.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:28 AM

Default Still rolling Hankooks...

I am the Op on this thread and at 11K miles I am relatively happy with the factory tires. TNJohn, how much do you feel the mileage improved and did you notice a great deal of sound improvement at highway speed.... these were my original concerns..... AZPLAT
Old 06-05-2016, 11:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AZPlatinumEB
I am the Op on this thread and at 11K miles I am relatively happy with the factory tires. TNJohn, how much do you feel the mileage improved and did you notice a great deal of sound improvement at highway speed.... these were my original concerns..... AZPLAT
Mileage went up 0.5-1.0 MPG. Noise is less on highway with Michelins, but I did think the Dynapros were low noise for an off-road tread. Best improvement is how the truck handles. However, the Dynapros' wet handling ratings is really what made my decision to upgrade. We get a fair amount of rain in the Tennessee Valley and I didn't like the idea of having a squirrely tire under me.
The following users liked this post:
AZPlatinumEB (06-05-2016)

Quick Reply: Anyone replaced Hankook DynaPro ATM with Michelin LTXM/S2??