Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have creaky leaf springs on a 2018?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 07:50 AM

Received 380 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Anyone have creaky leaf springs on a 2018?

Noticed mine started to creak at around 2000 miles. Hosed them off quick and they stopped. Now at 3000 I hear them again. It's pretty quiet, but they definitely do it. Truck has barely even seen a dirt road yet, so I don't think much sand could have made its way into the leaf packs. I haven't talked to the dealer yet, but I have a leaking taillight so I will probably bring it up once Ford lets them order a replacement and I see them for that.

It was an ongoing battle with the leaf packs on my Tacoma, then when I put aftermarket leaf packs on it I eventually dealt with it again. I'm hoping it's not common on these trucks and mine is a fluke.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:10 AM

Received 320 Likes on 240 Posts

The leaf springs on these newer trucks are quite noisy. You can spray some lube in between the top two leafs and that'll help greatly. I installed a thin strip of UHMW wear plastic and it seems to have fixed my creak/bump I felt when pulling in and out of my driveway as well as going over speed bumps.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:24 AM

Received 380 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by bcb97
The leaf springs on these newer trucks are quite noisy. You can spray some lube in between the top two leafs and that'll help greatly. I installed a thin strip of UHMW wear plastic and it seems to have fixed my creak/bump I felt when pulling in and out of my driveway as well as going over speed bumps.
That's what I did on my Tacoma. There was a spot where metal on metal would rub because the sliencer didn't space them enough at that spot. I put thin plastic there and it solved it.

Not seeing a questionable spot on these leafs though. The spacer/silencer pads seem to be big enough to prevent rub so it's almost like the silencers themselves are making noise.

It's pretty quiet--the Tacoma ones sounded like an old door and these aren't awfully noticeable. But it still annoys me.

Quick Reply: Anyone have creaky leaf springs on a 2018?