Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any reviews on the extang solid fold 2.0?

Old 06-22-2015, 08:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Any reviews on the extang solid fold 2.0?

Did a search and didn't come up with anything. Is anyone out there using one? Looking for pros cons. Cover does not seem as secure as some but I like the idea of being about to flip the cover up and down without it locking and having to open the tailgate every single time. Install is ridiculously easy. When you want it locked engage the spring clips and you're done. Not super worried about theft but would need to keep things fairly secure when I want to. Biggest issue I have with the 2.0 is not being able to stand the last section up so you lose a good but of bed space. The other cover I'm considering is the undercover flex. A lot of reviews seem to have mixed feelings about the seals on the bed rails/tailgate not laying flush. Comments about the Flex are welcome as well! Thanks.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:38 PM

Received 367 Likes on 283 Posts

Never owned a Solid Fold 2 yet but I had the Extang Solid Fold on my 05 and 14 F150's and it was very secure and worked great for me. I also am looking at getting the Solid Fold 2.0 for my new 2015 F150. I don't really like the fact of mounting permanent rails on my truck. It was very nice that you can fold up that Solid Fold and have it off the truck completely in a few min.

I can find only one flaw with the Solid Folds on the new F150 is that it will in fact stop you from dropping your gate with the remote, but I know the back seal can be removed and placed different to get this feature back.

I have posted on other threads about this cover. I'm am probably gonna get the 2.0 for the 2015 F150. Been pondering on that Retrax Pro MX but it's heavy and will take up alot of room in the bed and would not be able to remove it very easy.

I like the BAK solid fold and X2 concept but they just look cheaply made to me.

Good luck and let us know what you decide...
Old 06-22-2015, 10:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I should have mentioned that I have XLT with manual tail gate.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by AWoods1605
I should have mentioned that I have XLT with manual tail gate.
Then there is no other choice... LOL

Go for the Extang Solid Fold 2.0. I am sure you will be happy.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:46 AM

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Installed solid fold 2.0 last week. Great cover. My electric tailgate works fine- allows it to come down automatically with the cover on. Will get you some pics when I get out the labor camp here.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jizzz:
ChicagoJim (09-21-2015), kendive (06-23-2015), mseymour67 (03-11-2019)
Old 06-23-2015, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribing.

I too like the look, simplicity and no rail attachment of this model... i just question the security , mostly on the rear spring loaded locking latches...is there any play on those or are they that secure\tight fitting... anyways this model really interest me, looking forward to some real world feedback.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Ordered my Extang Solid Fold 2.0 Saturday from Autoplicity, looking forward to receiving it later this week (hopefully)
Old 06-23-2015, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by TNHItter
Ordered my Extang Solid Fold 2.0 Saturday from Autoplicity, looking forward to receiving it later this week (hopefully)
Let us know what you paid shipped to your door? Also make sure they send you the 2.0 I just looked on there website and I could not find the 2.0 for sale only the original Extang Solid Fold???

I heard truck champ will deal well also...

I will be ordering one also. I Just want to get rid of my drop in bed liner and get Line-X spayed in first. Was pondering on the BedRug BedTred but worried about sliding heavy stuff on it that it would probably just bunch up and fold. I know the Line-X is tough. I had it in 05 F150 XLT SCAB 5.4.

Last edited by kendive; 06-23-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:18 PM

Received 136 Likes on 119 Posts

I have an Extang Solid Fold 2.0 on my 2012 FX4. The primary reason I got this over the standard Solid Fold is the TPO material instead of the aluminum. The aluminum has a propensity to dent and the TPO should be more resistant to that. The cover is secure to the bed, no issues there. As was pointed out earlier you will lose a section of the bed because it doesn't flip up and scratch your cab, block your rear view or get the small struts ripped off by the wind resistance pushing on it when you drive with it flipped up (read the reviews!!). So if I need to have use of the entire bed it will take less than 60 seconds to remove the entire cover. I went through my first rain storm, heavy down pour and I only saw a few drops in the bed, along the edge where the top seal meets the rail cap... wouldn't even soak a napkin. I researched and reviewed 8 different covers (for months) before I decided on this cover. Being in the Northeast snow and ice played a factor as well.
It's new so I reserve the right to edit my opinion of it as time goes on....

I paid $737, normal price is $819 (Father Day Special) shipped to my door...got here in 2 days.
The following users liked this post:
Micro Balanced (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I have had my solid fold 2.0 for about three weeks and am very happy with it.It is secure, pretty watertight and very easy to take off and on by myself. My only complaint is the automatic tailgate wont drop with the cover closed but after reading on here i will try to adjust it to solve this. Overall a great cover and when its off there are no rails to worry about.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any reviews on the extang solid fold 2.0?