Any buyers remorse with their XLT? - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.

Any buyers remorse with their XLT?

Old 12-08-2018, 07:39 PM

Default Any buyers remorse with their XLT?

Like most people on here I assume, I began looking at a Lariat. Best I was able to do with my PCO, other rebates, included was $4500 which in the Boston area still would bring my OTD to around 50k.

I have to exercise some financial responsibility and not buy a Lariat. I will miss some things like push button start, leather seats, the larger odometer screen, etc. I'm sure I can add all these things aftermarket at a later date.

I guess my question is does anyone who have owned their XLT for a few years now wish they went Lariat instead? I found a few nice optioned XLT (including blis/sensing) end of the year 2018 that I'm sure I can get a decent deal in.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:45 PM

If possible, I would wait and save up the extra cash that you need to get exactly what you want. If you are asking this question now I find it highly likely you will regret not getting what you really wanted in the not-to-distant future.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:49 PM

I have had an XLT since 15, and no, I don't regret it. 50K makes me choke on my coffee.

Enjoy your new truck. It sounds like you got a good one.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:49 PM

Yep, when i found out my XLT FX4 doesn't have 4A.
After a couple months talked to my sales guy to see if i could trade it in for a Lariat. That was back in '16.
He offered me $33k trade in value for my brand new truck with only 1100 miles on it which was 10K below what i paid for but couldn't locate a Lariat with the options i wanted.
Yesterday i got a sales flier in the mail from my dealer offering $28 trade in for my 2yrl old truck.... WTF is going on?
Old 12-08-2018, 07:53 PM

If money was no option then a 502A Lariat would have been the choice. But for the $10k OTD price difference, I am fine with the XLT. It has everything I need. I got it fairly loaded for a XLT: 302A, 5.0, BLIS, tow pckg, locking diff, sync connect, nav, power equipment group, sport, and added brake controller and hill decent on my own. I would make the same choice again.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:04 PM

For the most part no. I added leather to mine, so that made it better. One thing i miss the most is auto climate control.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:10 PM

I wanted a Platinum but couldn’t justify the price difference.

The only two things I wish my truck really had is leather and moon roof. Leather is 1k.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:27 PM

Default No regrets

No regrets here (2018 XLT SE). In fact, the XLT with 302A, for me, includes the perfect combination of features and options I need and/or want. Although I’m on the Ford D-plan, and can afford a Lariat, I still opt for XLT’s, since they are a decent value.

To add some perspective: My wife’s 2018 loaded Explorer has the basically same creature comforts as a well-equipped Lariat; leather, heated steering wheel, sensors and cameras everywhere, smart keyless entry/push-button start, upgraded sound system, adaptive cruise control, LED headlights/fog lights/taillights, etc. And when I use her vehicle, even with its myriad luxury and convenience appointments, I miss my “only an XLT” truck dearly.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Vengenz View Post
Like most people on here I assume, I began looking at a Lariat. Best I was able to do with my PCO, other rebates, included was $4500 which in the Boston area still would bring my OTD to around 50k.

I have to exercise some financial responsibility and not buy a Lariat. I will miss some things like push button start, leather seats, the larger odometer screen, etc. I'm sure I can add all these things aftermarket at a later date.

I guess my question is does anyone who have owned their XLT for a few years now wish they went Lariat instead? I found a few nice optioned XLT (including blis/sensing) end of the year 2018 that I'm sure I can get a decent deal in.
You know I went from 2009 lariat 4x4 to a 2015 xlt sport 4x4 5.0 with console shift nav cloth I've made 2 payments not a single regret .....!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2018, 08:51 PM

It's all about need vs. want.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wicked ace For This Useful Post:
77Ranger460 (12-09-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any buyers remorse with their XLT?

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: