Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying Rattle

Old 04-23-2015, 10:57 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Annoying Rattle

Hello,

I have had my truck for around 3 weeks and I have noticed there is a rattle in the lower portion of the dash on the passenger side. The rattle will quit if I push on the piece so it appears it just needs tightened. So my question being, has anyone taken their dash apart yet? I would prefer to do it myself since the last two trucks I have had work done on the dash have came back with scratches. Hopefully it will be as easy as tightening something up but any input would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by rkfvd3; 04-23-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:17 AM

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by rkfvd3
Hello,

I have had my truck for around 3 weeks and I have noticed there is a rattle in the lower portion of the dash on the passenger side. The rattle will quit if I push on the piece so it appears it just needs tightened. So my question being, has anyone taken their dash apart yet? I would prefer to do it myself since the last two trucks I have had work done on the dash have came back with scratches. Hopefully it will be as easy as tightening something up but any input would be great.

Thanks

Mine does it every now and then. What I found was you have the shifter, the thin column thing and cup holder.
Every now and then I get a noise from the retractable thing where it meets the silver trim piece in your picture. I can press down on the trim piece and the noise goes away.
I think it's a bushing or something under that shifter area
Old 04-23-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 150 Likes on 80 Posts

have the same rattle, not a deal breaker but if it is a simple fix then that would be great.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Same rattle here too, from the same spot in fact.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:41 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Annoying Rattle

same here too!! I just press on it till it quits. comes back with time.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

now I'm going to drive myself crazy looking to see if I have this rattle.. mind will play tricks on you and you'll hear lots of stuff.

HA, I have noticed when I hit a bump in the road, I can feel a rattle under the "dead pedal" of floorboard under my left foot, I have looked under the truck and nothing there to make said noise, maybe its from the front suspension transferring through the metal... who knows. anyone else feel this?
Old 10-06-2015, 05:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rogue1
now I'm going to drive myself crazy looking to see if I have this rattle.. mind will play tricks on you and you'll hear lots of stuff.

HA, I have noticed when I hit a bump in the road, I can feel a rattle under the "dead pedal" of floorboard under my left foot, I have looked under the truck and nothing there to make said noise, maybe its from the front suspension transferring through the metal... who knows. anyone else feel this?
I too have this rattle. I feel it when the rear tires hit a bump. The dealership replaced my leaf springs and shocks. This didn't fix the rattle.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by whiskeysaurus
I too have this rattle. I feel it when the rear tires hit a bump. The dealership replaced my leaf springs and shocks. This didn't fix the rattle.
Hi whiskeysaurus,

What's the current mileage on your truck? I'll see how I can help eliminate that rattle.

Chad
Old 10-06-2015, 08:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would you also describe it as a ticking noise? My truck has a ticking noise that is heard when driving. My ears pinpoint to right front. Of course dealer cant hear it. My wife and i can easily. New truck that my ocd almost wont let me drive due to the ticking.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:43 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by rkfvd3
Hello,

Thanks

Glad I'm not the only one, comes and goes, push on the trim under the controls and it goes away. I'll have it looked at when it goes in for first service in about a month

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Annoying Rattle