Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum body in New England?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 PM

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Aluminum body in New England?

How are the aluminum bodies holding up to a harsh New England winter? I gotta do some measurements as I dont think the truck will fit through my garage doors. It will be left out during snow, ice cold freezing rain. Anyone have any issues with their aluminum bodies?

What about a touchless laser wash? The jets are pretty powerful. Any chance of denting from those?
Old 11-20-2018, 07:49 PM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

my truck came from canada and i live in NY state. being the "great" state it is they use 100% salt. the truck is a 2015 and i have seen no signs of rust or wear on it. but then again i did have fluid film applied to the under side and what not.
as far as touch less wash denting the aluminum no it won't happen. never had an issue. but then again i also prefer to wash it in the bay as the touch less wash suck and don't get all the salt and junk off.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't comment on corrosion but I run my truck through the wash weekly during the winter, I get out and use the pressure washer, it has alot of pressure and there is no worries of it causing damage, the body isn't as fragile as some may have you to believe.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:00 PM
PLATINUM

Received 241 Likes on 144 Posts

Denting - As others stated no. Corrosion wise, I am in Missouri where they throw salt every time it starts to rain below 35. So far absolutely no issues.

Quick Reply: Aluminum body in New England?