Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is all Warranty Service bad or just Lubbock Tx

Old 02-18-2019, 09:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Is all Warranty Service bad or just Lubbock Tx

Lubbock has 2 Ford dealers. I call Pollard Ford and they told me there were not appointments for warranty service and I would have to bring my 2018 F150 in for service early morning and they would get to it when they could. That didn's sound like a very good prospect so I called the other dealer Gene Messer which is based somewhere else and got the firstappointment hich was 3 week later. I took in the f150 today and was told when I got there that I would have to leave my f150 there for 3 day in order to get in line for warranty recalls. Any mechanical issues under warrranty would not be looked at for 3 days. None of this was mentioned when i made the appointment. What is the purpose of an appointment if you have to leave your vehicle there for 3 days to get warranty done. To add insult to injury try calling the dealership located in Lubbock but talking to someone in Houston. Total Fail by Ford dealers.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:58 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Ford dealers are independent. They do what they want. Some are large with lots of mechanics, some are small with few mechanics.

At the dealers I frequent, I make an appointment and they take care of my vehicle that day (at least look at it). Some of the recalls, such as airbags, have a large line or a wait for parts.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:58 PM
Flyingcoach2

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had always had good service with Gene Messer. Dad did as well. I know that several dealers here in Houston are that way. I found one a bit off the driven path that with the exception of having to wait a week or so before they could change a leaking plastic oil pan they have always been make the appt., bring it in and we will get you a loaner. No sitting around 2-3 weeks before service.
The following users liked this post:
BadBoy4fun_wa (02-18-2019)
Old 05-01-2023, 09:00 PM
TGP

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

My short answer is that I have never had a warranty claim on my truck, so I cannot speak to that experience.

What is not clear to me is whether the delay for your truck is due to technician-availability or if it is due to parts-availability. Regardless, I would be looking at legal options as well as a possibly insurance angle. I understand the lawyers are not free, but if a warranty says 18 months without repair is acceptable, where it the line? Is it okay to be out of service for 5-years? 10-years? At some point that I think you have exceeded, there is a breach-of-contract claim that you have. It is especially egregious that they admit you could get it repaired more quickly if you paid them cash.

Do not discount the ideal of taking this story to the media. I'm not sure that local media exists anymore, but if they do where you live, a dealer may not want to hear about their priority-ranking of vehicle repairs depending on how you intend to pay for them on the 5:00PM news or in the local paper.
Old 05-02-2023, 12:03 PM

Received 422 Likes on 302 Posts

I have 2 dealers near me that are great. Make an appointment and get same day service. We bought my wife's car there in 2011 and still got a loaner in 2020 when it had a recall for airbags done.
It is the GM dealers here that suck big time. I took my Silverado in several times for warranty work and they never fixed anything. My free loaner would take 1 to 2.1/2 hours to get.

Old 05-02-2023, 12:11 PM

Received 298 Likes on 166 Posts

yall, this thread is five years old...
digitaltrucker (05-02-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 12:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by phuzduq
The service in Lubbock still sucks for Ford .
03screwon22's (05-03-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 02:03 PM

Received 1,329 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by phuzduq
Yep, and the answer is still the same. They all suck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is all Warranty Service bad or just Lubbock Tx