Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air leak on freeway and door alignment issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 12:52 AM

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Air leak on freeway and door alignment issues

Had my 2015 f150 for a week it has been back to the dealership twice now to get an air leak fixed and doors aligned. It was pretty pathetic, some doors were aligned up, some down but not in alignment and 3 of the 4 stuck out when they were closed. They said they have to send it to a body shop because they are maxed on adjustment??? that freaks me out a bit. They are still working on the air leak on the passenger side. I have 6-7 deep groves in my driver side rear window. Any body else have this or did I just buy a
Friday afternoon made truck?
Old 02-27-2015, 06:27 AM

Received 130 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Makenlegs
Had my 2015 f150 for a week it has been back to the dealership twice now to get an air leak fixed and doors aligned. It was pretty pathetic, some doors were aligned up, some down but not in alignment and 3 of the 4 stuck out when they were closed. They said they have to send it to a body shop because they are maxed on adjustment??? that freaks me out a bit. They are still working on the air leak on the passenger side. I have 6-7 deep groves in my driver side rear window. Any body else have this or did I just buy a
A couple of other members had an air leak issue that sounds similar to yours that turned out to be the windshield on the passenger side, near the top. Replacing the windshield fixed the problem. It sounds like they need to replace some shipment damaged glass anyway so they can do both at the same time.

I'd be a little freaked out about the door comment too.....
Old 02-27-2015, 06:38 AM

Received 353 Likes on 285 Posts

A brand new truck needing body work? Yeah, that's a problem. Most of these door issues are fixed with a simple adjustment. Strange how yours are so far out.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Makenlegs
I'll get this escalated to your regional customer service manager, Makenlegs. They'll work with you and the dealer to reach a resolution. Please send a PM my way with your full name, VIN, servicing dealership, current mileage, and best daytime contact number. I'll get started on this right away.

Brittany
The following users liked this post:
Makenlegs (02-28-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug06fx4screw
A brand new truck needing body work? Yeah, that's a problem. Most of these door issues are fixed with a simple adjustment. Strange how yours are so far out.
Body shop technicians are more skilled at panel alignment than mechanics. Likely the reason it was moved to the body shop.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:36 PM
Ryan

Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

Brittany, my truck has this highway whistle as well. The doors on my supercab seem to be aligned, but you have to really slam them to get them to shut. Is this normal with the lighter aluminum or should I be asking my dealer to have them aligned?

Also, not to highjack this thread, but has anyone come to a conclusion on what Ford is doing about all the rust on the rear axle? Mine is BAD! My dealer said they were going to try to contact Ford on Monday, but a brand new truck shouldn't have a rusted rear axle already. Every 15 on their lot was like that too...

Could you PM me about this? thanks!
Old 02-28-2015, 05:57 PM

Received 139 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by rmp213
Brittany, my truck has this highway whistle as well. The doors on my supercab seem to be aligned, but you have to really slam them to get them to shut. Is this normal with the lighter aluminum or should I be asking my dealer to have them aligned?
Drove from Denver to Omaha a few days ago....very windy on 1-80.

Here's a link to a video showing the wind noise coming from the passenger side. In person, it's much louder than the video gives credit for...it's VERY loud.

The video was too large to post and didn't want to take the time to edit it down.

BTW, my doors do not appear to have any alignment issues. Had it for 6 weeks now with 3K miles on it...this is the first time this has happened. Wife is holding the phone for the video...noise starts about 10 seconds in

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kn7zp51sa...42018.mp4?dl=0
Old 02-28-2015, 06:40 PM

Received 353 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Misterwlm
Drove from Denver to Omaha a few days ago....very windy on 1-80. Here's a link to a video showing the wind noise coming from the passenger side. In person, it's much louder than the video gives credit for...it's VERY loud. The video was too large to post and didn't want to take the time to edit it down. BTW, my doors do not appear to have any alignment issues. Had it for 6 weeks now with 3K miles on it...this is the first time this has happened. Wife is holding the phone for the video...noise starts about 10 seconds in https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kn7zp51sa...42018.mp4?dl=0
Wow, that was annoying to watch. Couldn't imagine how annoying it is in the cab!
Old 02-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Massive Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Misterwlm
Drove from Denver to Omaha a few days ago....very windy on 1-80.

Here's a link to a video showing the wind noise coming from the passenger side. In person, it's much louder than the video gives credit for...it's VERY loud.

The video was too large to post and didn't want to take the time to edit it down.

BTW, my doors do not appear to have any alignment issues. Had it for 6 weeks now with 3K miles on it...this is the first time this has happened. Wife is holding the phone for the video...noise starts about 10 seconds in

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kn7zp51sa...42018.mp4?dl=0
Holythat is horrible!
Old 02-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Ryan

Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

Damn! I haven't had mine on the highway yet, I hope it's not that bad. That's intolerable...

Quick Reply: Air leak on freeway and door alignment issues