Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident - Lemons into Lemonade? Raptor Fenders?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Accident - Lemons into Lemonade? Raptor Fenders?

I was involved in an accident a few days ago during the snowstorm here on the east coast. My 2017 3.5 EB was damaged along the front end and down the side of the cab.

I was provided an estimate of $15k worth of damage to the truck and have already found a great repair shop. Given the fact that the fenders, fender flares, door, and rear panels all need to be replaced/painted, I was thinking of doing a Raptor fender conversion, as offered by Fiberwerx. I explained that I'd like to change the suspension (Billstein 6112) and fender flares (Lund or Bushwacker) to the body shop, and the owner said he'd be glad to do it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the Fiberwerx kit? Are there alternatives I should consider? If it's made flimsy, rattles in the wind, or isn't durable, I'll just use OEM fenders, add the aftermarket flares and call it a day. But since they have to replace the fenders anyway, and the money has been allocated, I figured it would be worth investigating.

Quick Reply: Accident - Lemons into Lemonade? Raptor Fenders?