Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 star tuning customer service

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 star tuning customer service

I wanted to share an experience I had with 5 star tuning with you guys and gals. I will not do business with them as long as Josh is there. Just to give a little back story. I have been a long time customer with 5 star for about 4 years now. I called in 2 months ago and Josh answered the phone and I asked to talk to Mike. I was told he was on the phone and asked if he could help me. So I told him my slight issue with the tune and then he said he would send out a new tune the next day. I waited for a week and called back. I asked for Josh and was able to talk to him. I asked if he had a chance to send out the tune and was told he had already sent it out. I don't think he did because they use a Google link and it has a time stamp..........but I could be wrong haha we sometimes are. So I let that roll off my back. The tune he sent did not fix the problem so I called back in. I talked to Josh and explained that the issue was still there. So I thought I would ask for the tech guys. So Josh proceeds to start raising his voice and tells me I am not putting the tune in correctly. Now i am getting a little frustrated only because I have worked with Mike before and have had no issues. So I ask for Mike again and told he is on the phone. At this point I ask for tech again and this is when Josh yells at me and says he wrote my tune and that nothing is wrong with it and that I am doing it wrong. So now Josh is yelling at me and talking to me like I am an idiot. So I ask for Mike or a supervisor and am told they are busy. The reason I am sharing this is because I called last week and spoke with Josh again and again he yelled and cussed at me this time. I have tried to get Mike and still no luck after 2 months. I am sure I am not the only one who has had this experience with Josh.

Popular Reply

07-12-2017, 03:45 PM
5star

Received 174 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Retiredandhappy
I wanted to share an experience I had with 5 star tuning with you guys and gals. I will not do business with them as long as Josh is there. Just to give a little back story. I have been a long time customer with 5 star for about 4 years now. I called in 2 months ago and Josh answered the phone and I asked to talk to Mike. I was told he was on the phone and asked if he could help me. So I told him my slight issue with the tune and then he said he would send out a new tune the next day. I waited for a week and called back. I asked for Josh and was able to talk to him. I asked if he had a chance to send out the tune and was told he had already sent it out. I don't think he did because they use a Google link and it has a time stamp..........but I could be wrong haha we sometimes are. So I let that roll off my back. The tune he sent did not fix the problem so I called back in. I talked to Josh and explained that the issue was still there. So I thought I would ask for the tech guys. So Josh proceeds to start raising his voice and tells me I am not putting the tune in correctly. Now i am getting a little frustrated only because I have worked with Mike before and have had no issues. So I ask for Mike again and told he is on the phone. At this point I ask for tech again and this is when Josh yells at me and says he wrote my tune and that nothing is wrong with it and that I am doing it wrong. So now Josh is yelling at me and talking to me like I am an idiot. So I ask for Mike or a supervisor and am told they are busy. The reason I am sharing this is because I called last week and spoke with Josh again and again he yelled and cussed at me this time. I have tried to get Mike and still no luck after 2 months. I am sure I am not the only one who has had this experience with Josh.
Retiredandhappy,

I appreciate you taking your time to post and share your experience with our company. Myself and Mike do spend the majority of time on the phone and can be a moment before we have the opportunity to call you back.

Often times with our new Google Drive system, we will use the same link/folder, but a timestamp will update on the last file we've loaded into your drive. If we are on a mobile device we will occasionally attach a tune to a standard email and send you the revision directly. We have in the past seen issues where the tune (based on 11-14 model years) may require a separate step in order to load the tune. This though is irrelevant because at the moment I do not have the full backstory of your vehicle or what occurred.

Besides Mike, whom is the owner, I would be our lead tech support/next point of contact in the building. I was out the last week due to my wedding and was not able to assist. Neither situation is an excuse for the treatment you've received. I am in the office today and will be going forward. I would like to hear about your tune related issue and will correct the lack of customer support you have received. Again, I make no excuses for the treatment/behavior that you have received. I do offer my sincerest apologies and would greatly like to speak with you about what has occurred.

Our number is 843-536-1244. Mike's extension is x101 and my extension is x102. You are welcome to reach our to us via phone or email anytime. Mike's email is mike@5startuning.com and my email is chris@5startuning.com.

Chris
Old 07-12-2017, 09:43 AM

Received 221 Likes on 162 Posts

Old 07-12-2017, 09:50 AM

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

Hmm, interesting. I have been using them for about five years and dealt with a few different people and they were always very professional.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 855 Likes on 373 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:13 AM

Received 877 Likes on 568 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you and I have her great customer service until Josh.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 189 Likes on 123 Posts

Sounds like you're RetiredandUNhappy amirite?!

jk Welcome to the forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by BShadows:
GreenandGold831 (07-12-2017), SilverSurfer15 (07-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 01:18 PM

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Understand that people are leery of first-time posters who rant against Ford, a vendor, an engine choice, a vehicle defect, etc.

My experience with 5-Star has been great, both before and after the sale. Sorry yours has not been the same. I've found Chris (chris@5startuning.com) to be helpful. You might try reaching out to him...
Old 07-12-2017, 03:45 PM

Received 174 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Retiredandhappy
Retiredandhappy,

I appreciate you taking your time to post and share your experience with our company. Myself and Mike do spend the majority of time on the phone and can be a moment before we have the opportunity to call you back.

Often times with our new Google Drive system, we will use the same link/folder, but a timestamp will update on the last file we've loaded into your drive. If we are on a mobile device we will occasionally attach a tune to a standard email and send you the revision directly. We have in the past seen issues where the tune (based on 11-14 model years) may require a separate step in order to load the tune. This though is irrelevant because at the moment I do not have the full backstory of your vehicle or what occurred.

Besides Mike, whom is the owner, I would be our lead tech support/next point of contact in the building. I was out the last week due to my wedding and was not able to assist. Neither situation is an excuse for the treatment you've received. I am in the office today and will be going forward. I would like to hear about your tune related issue and will correct the lack of customer support you have received. Again, I make no excuses for the treatment/behavior that you have received. I do offer my sincerest apologies and would greatly like to speak with you about what has occurred.

Our number is 843-536-1244. Mike's extension is x101 and my extension is x102. You are welcome to reach our to us via phone or email anytime. Mike's email is mike@5startuning.com and my email is chris@5startuning.com.

Chris
The following 10 users liked this post by 5star:
2veloce (07-15-2017), acdii (07-12-2017), Bigcat1185 (07-12-2017), chimmike (07-15-2017), GreenandGold831 (07-12-2017), janr (07-12-2017), johndeerefarmer (07-15-2017), Oddity (07-14-2017), vetteguy96 (09-12-2017), white_dc (07-14-2017) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-12-2017, 07:19 PM

Received 187 Likes on 135 Posts

Respectable thing to do 5 Star. Good on you for stepping up to the plate.