Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4d tech start/stop eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 10:51 PM

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 4d tech start/stop eliminator

Has anyone tried this? I just came across this guys YouTube video showing this device that could plug in and deactivate the start/stop feature. It’s seems like a pretty good device. Does anyone have any personal experience with this product?
The reviews on his website seem pretty positive but that’s on his website. Other then it costing $100, it seems legit.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:10 AM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah get FORScan and do it .... it’s cheaper
Old 04-06-2019, 08:13 AM

Received 1,329 Likes on 797 Posts

It also disables the BMS. If you are OK with that then it's fine. Have yet to see a method of turning off the autostart/stop system using the OBD port that doesn't also deactivate the BMS. Maybe they have come up with a way now.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:34 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I originally disabled A/S/S with Forscan, but reset it and bought the eliminator. Deactivating the BMS was not an acceptable trade-off for me.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:33 PM

Ok. So the 4d tech does not disable the BCM. That concerned me about the forscan.....when I did my initial search for 4d tech I didn’t see anything. Since then I’ve been doing research on forscan and other devices that shut down a/s/s, which there are a lot. I didn’t even know what a BCM was. I appreciate the information from everyone.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:26 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I would use this one because it doesn't disable anything. It simply remembers the last position of the switch. I bought one and it worked flawlessly.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/
Old 04-06-2019, 03:23 PM

Received 1,329 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by Mictdave
Ok. So the 4d tech does not disable the BCM. That concerned me about the forscan.....when I did my initial search for 4d tech I didn’t see anything. Since then I’ve been doing research on forscan and other devices that shut down a/s/s, which there are a lot. I didn’t even know what a BCM was. I appreciate the information from everyone.
How sure are you about this? So far nobody has found a way to disable through the OBDII port without disabling the BMS or though some other trickery that disables something. BMS is the thing having the least impact.

If it doesn't disable BMS, I'd definitely not use it unless they told me exactly what it was switching.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bluetoy
I would use this one because it doesn't disable anything. It simply remembers the last position of the switch. I bought one and it worked flawlessly.

i looked at this one as well.....the only thing I didn’t like about this one is cracking open the dash. According to the 4d tech spokesperson on the YouTube video it doesn’t change anything it simply remembers the last setting you had the a/s/s when you turned the vehicle off. As long as the device is plugged into the obd 2 port. Once it’s removed from the port the truck goes back to factory setting.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:44 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluetoy

This is what I bought.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta
How sure are you about this? So far nobody has found a way to disable through the OBDII port without disabling the BMS or though some other trickery that disables something. BMS is the thing having the least impact.

If it doesn't disable BMS, I'd definitely not use it unless they told me exactly what it was switching.
Mike I appreciate your post. The truth is I don’t know for sure. According to the 4d tech spokesmen it simply remembers what the last setting was and keeps a/s/s turned off. The device does have to remain plugged into the OBDII port for it to work. Once unplugged the truck goes back to factory settings....... but as you point out how do I know this for sure? Does it truly not mess with the BMS? You say they haven’t found a way not to when using the OBDII port. I believe you, but this device appears to isolste the a/s/s. Again, great conversation, great input.....thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: 4d tech start/stop eliminator