Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 XLT Not receiving alarm alerts on Fordpass

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 03:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2018 XLT Not receiving alarm alerts on Fordpass

I have a 2018 F150 XLT with the factory perimeter alarm, Sync 3 and Sync Connect. I recently added the perimeter plus module to the truck. Tested the alarm multiple times which did trigger on the truck but I'm not receiving any alerts to my Iphone and Fordpass. A couple of weeks prior to installing the Perimeter Plus, I accidently triggered the alarm and I did recieve a message in the Fordpass app on my phone but no banner alert on my phone. I have checked the notification settings on my phone Fordpass app and I do have the alerts on as well as all banners. I have checked my online account and my phone number is correct. I have talked to the overseas so called Sync Connect expert with no help and said it was a Fordpass issue. I then talked to a Fordpass rep which said it was on the sync connect side. The Fordpass rep told me the alert is sent via satellite to my phone and does not use cell. He said to take the truck to the dealer but I thought I'd try the experts here first.
I might be overlooking something very simple...
Thanks in advance
The following users liked this post:
TMT Texan (01-13-2022)
Old 02-21-2019, 09:10 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

All sync connect functions are handled thru a cell tower (AT&T).
The following users liked this post:
AZ-FX4 (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 10:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

On Fordpass I'm able to retrieve my tire pressure, miles to empty and truck location from the truck. So it sounds like my sync connect must not be sending out to my Fordpass with the alerts via cell. I've tried everything I can think of so I'll make an appointment.

Thank You for your input!
Old 02-23-2019, 02:47 PM

Exclamation

You do not need SYNC CONNECT for Fordpass to send vehicle information to you phone for example. this happens thru bluetooth
(ASSUMING YOU ARE IN THE TRUCK WITH BLUETOOTH CONNECTED)

Originally Posted by AZ-FX4
On Fordpass I'm able to retrieve my tire pressure, miles to empty and truck location from the truck. So it sounds like my sync connect must not be sending out to my Fordpass with the alerts via cell. I've tried everything I can think of so I'll make an appointment.

Thank You for your input!

Last edited by gregsf150stx; 02-23-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:31 PM

Received 215 Likes on 144 Posts

You do need sync connect unless you're standing right next to the truck, in range of the Bluetooth. Sync Connect allows you to get all the information from anywhere in the world, at least as long as you have cell service
Old 02-23-2019, 03:44 PM

Exclamation

Its very similar to UCONNECT which uses Sirius Guardian and AT&T......... Well, I did mean if you weren't in the truck, the "connect" wasn't necessary.

Originally Posted by labmaster02
You do need sync connect unless you're standing right next to the truck, in range of the Bluetooth. Sync Connect allows you to get all the information from anywhere in the world, at least as long as you have cell service
Old 01-13-2022, 01:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hey did you get this figured out? I’m having the exact same issue. Even did a hard restart of the radio
📻

Originally Posted by AZ-FX4
I have a 2018 F150 XLT with the factory perimeter alarm, Sync 3 and Sync Connect. I recently added the perimeter plus module to the truck. Tested the alarm multiple times which did trigger on the truck but I'm not receiving any alerts to my Iphone and Fordpass. A couple of weeks prior to installing the Perimeter Plus, I accidently triggered the alarm and I did recieve a message in the Fordpass app on my phone but no banner alert on my phone. I have checked the notification settings on my phone Fordpass app and I do have the alerts on as well as all banners. I have checked my online account and my phone number is correct. I have talked to the overseas so called Sync Connect expert with no help and said it was a Fordpass issue. I then talked to a Fordpass rep which said it was on the sync connect side. The Fordpass rep told me the alert is sent via satellite to my phone and does not use cell. He said to take the truck to the dealer but I thought I'd try the experts here first.
I might be overlooking something very simple...
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: 2018 XLT Not receiving alarm alerts on Fordpass