Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 rattling noise back seat on driver side

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 rattling noise back seat on driver side

I have a 2018 f150 stx started to hear a rattling noise that sounds like it coming from the back seat driver side door panel or if the gas cap lid was loose. Wasnt to bad in begining but now the slightest bump it will rattle, I took everything out of my back seat and glove compartment, I've folded the seat up and down, buckled in all the seat belts and still rattled. I bought it to the dealer last Monday and they called Friday saying they took the rear door panel out, took the carpet out and back insulation and still couldn't find where it coming from. Then said the technician believes its coming from the frame and only way to find out would be to cut in to the frame, then suggested a body shop that could do because he didnt feel comfortable and have to start a case with Ford to see if it would be covered under warranty, anyone have this kind of noise?
Old 04-23-2019, 03:08 PM
Jeff

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

If you have a moon roof, try opening it and closing it. There a lots of folks who have rattling sun roofs that can sounds like it's coming from the back of the truck...Mine sounded like it was coming from the rear passenger side. Often opening and closing it will solve the problem for a short period of time which helps to figure out where the noise might be coming from. There is a TSB on it which involves lubricating the contact surface on the sun roof.

If you don't have a moon roof, I hope you can find the source as I agree that rattles on a newish vehicle can be pretty annoying.

Originally Posted by snugent412
I have a 2018 f150 stx started to hear a rattling noise that sounds like it coming from the back seat driver side door panel or if the gas cap lid was loose. Wasnt to bad in begining but now the slightest bump it will rattle, I took everything out of my back seat and glove compartment, I've folded the seat up and down, buckled in all the seat belts and still rattled. I bought it to the dealer last Monday and they called Friday saying they took the rear door panel out, took the carpet out and back insulation and still couldn't find where it coming from. Then said the technician believes its coming from the frame and only way to find out would be to cut in to the frame, then suggested a body shop that could do because he didnt feel comfortable and have to start a case with Ford to see if it would be covered under warranty, anyone have this kind of noise?
Old 04-23-2019, 03:13 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,143 Posts

STX doesn't have a moon roof
Old 04-23-2019, 03:48 PM

Yeah no moon roof but dealer ship called saying Ford approved to send it to a body shop to drill holes into the frame to find out what is rattling
Old 04-23-2019, 04:36 PM

Not sure if you have the Kicker hide-a-way sub, but I do and mine developed a rattle/noise behind the rear seat drivers side. I folded the seat down and traced it to the upper mounting bracket for the Kicker unit. Of course the bracket screws into the push type inserts which have play in them and were causing just enough movement of metal on metal to create the noise. I put some spacers between the screws and the fastner inserts with problem solved. This may not apply just throwing it out there!
Old 04-23-2019, 05:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah no moon roof but dealer ship called saying Ford approved to send it to a body shop to drill holes into the frame to find out what is rattling
Wait...what?! You have rattles so Ford is going to start drilling your frame?

Old 04-23-2019, 06:05 PM

Received 416 Likes on 229 Posts

Is this a Super Crew or Super Cab?
Old 04-23-2019, 06:51 PM

Super crew and That's what they are saying the technician says he thinks it's coming from the frame so now they are sending to a local body shop to have them drill into frame to find out what is rattling
Old 04-23-2019, 07:09 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Tighten the door bolts. That might be it.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:11 PM

Received 416 Likes on 229 Posts

Super crew and That's what they are saying the technician says he thinks it's coming from the frame so now they are sending to a local body shop to have them drill into frame to find out what is rattling
Ok, I asked because my rear, drivers side door rattles on my Super Cab.

Quick Reply: 2018 rattling noise back seat on driver side