Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 F150 Lariat with 3.5 Ecoboost, 2WD, and Technology Package

Old 08-03-2017, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 F150 Lariat with 3.5 Ecoboost, 2WD, and Technology Package

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2018 Lariat 2WD Supercrew with the 3.5 Ecoboost and the Technology Package option. This combination is available on the 2017 model and looks to be available on the 2018 based on the order guide. However, when I try to configure a 2018 that way on the Build and Price site on Ford.com, the Technology package doesn't appear.

The Technology Package is available with the Lariat trim if you select the V-8 or if you select the 3.5 Ecoboost and four-wheel drive. There doesn't appear to be anything inherently incompatible with the 3.5, 2WD, and Tech package because one can configure that combination on the Platinum and King Ranch and it's standard on the Limited.

Is this an error on Ford's site or have I missed something in the order guide? The Platinum trim level is nice, but those retractable running boards just seem like one more thing to go wrong in the long-term. Plus, it's several thousand more than a Lariat equipped the way I'd like it. (However, I have test driven a 2016 Platinum and those butt-massaging seats are pretty sweet if you're a cranky, stove-up old man like me.)

Anyone out there have any insight on this odd quirk?
Old 08-03-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
I'm thinking about purchasing a 2018 Lariat 2WD Supercrew with the 3.5 Ecoboost and the Technology Package option. This combination is available on the 2017 model and looks to be available on the 2018 based on the order guide. However, when I try to configure a 2018 that way on the Build and Price site on Ford.com, the Technology package doesn't appear.

The Technology Package is available with the Lariat trim if you select the V-8 or if you select the 3.5 Ecoboost and four-wheel drive. There doesn't appear to be anything inherently incompatible with the 3.5, 2WD, and Tech package because one can configure that combination on the Platinum and King Ranch and it's standard on the Limited.

Is this an error on Ford's site or have I missed something in the order guide? The Platinum trim level is nice, but those retractable running boards just seem like one more thing to go wrong in the long-term. Plus, it's several thousand more than a Lariat equipped the way I'd like it. (However, I have test driven a 2016 Platinum and those butt-massaging seats are pretty sweet if you're a cranky, stove-up old man like me.)

I would check the official brochure (download the PDF from Ford site). I also had some problems understanding the dependencies between the features offered. Check the tables at the end of the brochure carefully and match them to what you see in the configuration tool.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:45 PM
scp

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I think it's just a website problem...I was building a Platty and wanted 3.15 e-locker...wasn't avail on website...but went to dealer and it was no problem.

I'm on my second Platinum with retractable boards...and I will say...it's the 1 thing I like the best and would never want a truck again without them.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

SuperCab / 6.5': http://shop.ford.com/build/f150/?gna...WD.44G.LAR.%5D

SupcerCrew is glitched. Its available but won't show on the website for some reason.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 405 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle

It's fixed. Just built it with no problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 F150 Lariat with 3.5 Ecoboost, 2WD, and Technology Package