Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 F-150 Platinum Thoughts

Old 09-21-2017, 08:52 PM

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Default 2018 F-150 Platinum Thoughts

After 8 weeks I received the truck and I inspected it very well. I found something that I am not happy about at all. I don't need a bunch folks telling me they wouldn't have accepted the truck or whatever. I am interested especially in a member who may have bodyshop experience.

I am aware of wavy roof seams and they don't bother me when you can't see them. This is different.

What frustrates me is the lack of QC, and I don't care how many they make.

Also did Ford do away with the SoundScreen windshield. Mine doesn't say it and I noticed these lines at the bottom which were not on my 16.

Lastly let me add how cheap it is for Ford to NOT put LED license plate lights in. Are you kidding me Ford...You put them in the Super Duty??
Old 09-21-2017, 08:59 PM

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

That is a pretty crappy paint job, I would compare it to a few others and see.

Also the lines on the window, are they not part of the "heated wiper park"? Looks like defroster for the wipers.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:08 PM

Received 366 Likes on 225 Posts

Heated wiper area...an't that fancy.
If your not happy with Ford and inspect every square inch looking for s*#t to be wrong then spend your money on a Mercedes or Porsche and see if they up to your standards.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I am not mistaken, those lines under the windshield wipers are for defrosting/unfreezing the wipers.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Ezekiel 25:17

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,215 Posts

FYI the Super Duty fog lights are plug and play and the license plate lights snap in if you trim about 1/8" around the opening. Yes, they should be there but they're cheap to add if you really want them.
The following users liked this post:
sticker500 (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by stainlessman
Heated wiper area...an't that fancy.
If your not happy with Ford and inspect every square inch looking for s*#t to be wrong then spend your money on a Mercedes or Porsche and see if they up to your standards.
I am long time loyal Ford owner sir, and feel they make the best truck on the market. Last time I checked the 2 MFG you mentioned don't make a truck pickup truck for sale in the US. That wasn't something I got out a magnifying glass to find. It is noticeable from the front of the vehicle above the windshield and shouldn't look that way
CurryBob (09-22-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN
FYI the Super Duty fog lights are plug and play and the license plate lights snap in if you trim about 1/8" around the opening. Yes, they should be there but they're cheap to add if you really want them.
I have read the posts about these months ago, and FYI 2018 have LED fogs now. Thanks, just don't feel Ford should be going backwards
Old 09-21-2017, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think that's an acceptable paint job either, not even for a much cheaper vehicle.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:07 PM

Received 133 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by uat75035
I don't think that's an acceptable paint job either, not even for a much cheaper vehicle.
That's actually not the paint runs but the seam sealer. Some trucks are a lot worst withe stuff being gooped into the channel. The sealer does get painted over.
BCMIF150 (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 801 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by sticker500
After 8 weeks I received the truck and I inspected it very well. I found something that I am not happy about at all. I don't need a bunch folks telling me they wouldn't have accepted the truck or whatever. I am interested especially in a member who may have bodyshop experience.

I am aware of wavy roof seams and they don't bother me when you can't see them. This is different.

What frustrates me is the lack of QC, and I don't care how many they make.

Also did Ford do away with the SoundScreen windshield. Mine doesn't say it and I noticed these lines at the bottom which were not on my 16.

Lastly let me add how cheap it is for Ford to NOT put LED license plate lights in. Are you kidding me Ford...You put them in the Super Duty??
My 15 looked worse than that. My new one however is near perfect, I guess it is just the luck of the draw with the sealer.

A robot applies the material. I'm like you, in that, it would not be such a deal to me if it was just not visible. Yours as with my 15, had that ugly part at the front of the truck near the top of the windshield and you can see that from the ground. At least yours is smaller than what I had on the 15.

I am glad my 18 is not like that this time but I also don't think you will want to fix it. Most won't notice and it and I would rather them not repaint my new truck. Hard call

I ordered two LED bulbs for the license plate. I think those were the only bulbs on the entire truck that were not LEDs. Weird...

Does your "easy entry" steering wheel and seat travel move very much?? On my 15, the steering column and seat moved several inches. The 18 moves only a couple. Still aides in getting in and out but like the more travel of the seat I had on my 15.

Love the improvements though, just surprised, like you said, them going backwards on a few items.
sticker500 (09-22-2017)

Search this Thread