Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 RCSB 2.7 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 01:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2017 RCSB 2.7 exhaust?

Hey guys, this is my first post here. And i have a question I'm hoping some of you's can help me out here. I've been in the works looking for an exhaust for my '17 rcsb and I simply can not find one i remotely like, except for trucks that are ext. cab and crew cab. I see multiple videos of Corsa exhausts, which are by far my favorite, and a couple other brands, but they don't make any for a rcsb? They make them for every cab/bed style except the rcsb as far as I can see. My main question is could I possibly order a certain cab/bed configuration and basically trim the straight section? Or are they all THAT much different? Any input and help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:26 PM

Received 2,130 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Lots of the catback systems rely on cutting the front pipe to length for different wheel bases. Length adjustments usually are in the installation directions.
I'm using a Pypes system that deletes the resonator, and it looked to me similar systems all trim the front pipe. The resonator back (Corsa?), systems may be wheelbase specific or need custom fitting.
Good looking truck, similar to mine,
Old 11-08-2018, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the input! I kinda assumed it would be as simple as trimming the mid section for most of them. But I figured at least someone on here would have some sort of experience with at least one exhaust. I think I'm going to try the SPD downpipes and maybe the Corsa or something similar. I just hate to spend the money on an exhaust that pricey and have to almost fully modify it. Might be better off taking it to a local exhaust shop and having me build one out of similar materials and try getting my hands on a Corsa muffler/resonator. Love the looks of your truck btw. The wheels look like old factories. Looks awesome.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:13 PM

Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Earle.112
Hey guys, this is my first post here. And i have a question I'm hoping some of you's can help me out here. I've been in the works looking for an exhaust for my '17 rcsb and I simply can not find one i remotely like, except for trucks that are ext. cab and crew cab. I see multiple videos of Corsa exhausts, which are by far my favorite, and a couple other brands, but they don't make any for a rcsb? They make them for every cab/bed style except the rcsb as far as I can see. My main question is could I possibly order a certain cab/bed configuration and basically trim the straight section? Or are they all THAT much different? Any input and help would be greatly appreciated.
I know nothing about exhaust, but your truck is awesome.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Panther150

I know nothing about exhaust, but your truck is awesome.
Thanks haha always appreciate a complement on it
Old 11-09-2018, 08:51 AM

Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts

Like was mentioned, the only difference is the mid section of the catback. From the muffler back they are all the same. If you don't have a welder, take it to a muffler shop and they can fix it up for cheap.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:27 AM

Received 357 Likes on 262 Posts

It is really hard to get a small V6 to sound good. Do not go larger pipe than stock or dual pipes or it will sound like a ricer Honda. Try to stay 2-2.5" with the resonator in place and a large free-flow si-so muffler, then pipe it all the way past the rear tire or even under the bumper. The more of the smaller pipe it has, the better it will sound. Magnaflow makes a large free-flow that sounds ok with a v6.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:27 AM

Received 2,130 Likes on 1,216 Posts

I get a kick out of the "ricer" label. It means nothing but a raspy short tailpipe exhaust, a V8 sounds ****ty with the same. Straight 4 or 6, v4 6 or 8 all sound similar no matter the country of origin biggest difference in the firing order. A conventional V8 sounds the way it does due to sequential firing of paired cylinders. A flat cranked V8 sounds very similar to a V6. Don't like a turbo V6 sound? Good for you, but realize others do not share the thought.
You can get a deep tone without rasp or drone from a large diameter exhaust. And turbo motors do not benefit from turbo back system restrictions (there is no scavenging after the turbo), so loosing torque is a non issue. Just do not expect much performance "gain" from large diameters till you do other modifications.
While I am not a fan of Corsa exhaust systems (appearance and design do not fit my intentions), the OP did not ask for that type of advise. KM

Last edited by 2017bluetruck; 11-10-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:26 AM

Received 357 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by 2017bluetruck
I get a kick out of the "ricer" label. It means nothing but a raspy short tailpipe exhaust, a V8 sounds ****ty with the same. Straight 4 or 6, v4 6 or 8 all sound similar no matter the country of origin biggest difference in the firing order. A conventional V8 sounds the way it does due to sequential firing of paired cylinders. A flat cranked V8 sounds very similar to a V6. Don't like a turbo V6 sound? Good for you, but realize others do not share the thought.
You can get a deep tone without rasp or drone from a large diameter exhaust. And turbo motors do not benefit from turbo back system restrictions (there is no scavenging after the turbo), so loosing torque is a non issue. Just do not expect much performance "gain" from large diameters till you do other modifications.
While I am not a fan of Corsa exhaust systems (appearance and design do not fit my intentions), the OP did not ask for that type of advise. KM
I am not talking about a 'fart can' tailpipe. I am speaking of the entire exhaust.

Last edited by UncleG; 11-11-2018 at 06:42 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Gibson exhaust from summit racing . My son has an 18 rcsb and bolted right on . Sounds really good

Quick Reply: 2017 RCSB 2.7 exhaust?