Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Power steering motor wiring rubbing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 11:41 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 2017 Power steering motor wiring rubbing.

I was doing a routine oil change last week when I decided to drop the small aluminum front skid plate just to clean the oil residue off of that had accumulated from the five or so oil changes I have done since the truck was new. I am glad I did because when I took it down I seen that the green high amperage wire that feeds the power steering motor was rubbing against the inside of the skid plate to the point where it wore a flat spot in it and would have wore down to copper probably another 25,000 miles or less.I would imagine you would create a dead short and lose your power steering assist at that point not something that would be fun. Even if I didn’t short out right away it would allow salt water into the wire ,starting corrosion.I made a short video of it. Please like and sub to my channel if you can. Leave me a a response here if you would like me to do the same to your channel.. My truck just passed 25,000 miles other than the IWE check valve, and a bad windshield washer motor which I replaced myself, I really haven’t had any issues.

Quick Reply: 2017 Power steering motor wiring rubbing.