Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2017 Heated Seats

I've looked through a few heated seat threads, but can't find the answer Im looking for.

Is it possible to get the heated seat switches put on the console (replacing the blanks) where the originals would be? Is it even possible to get the original Ford switches?

I have had heated seats fitted in a Fusion before and the switches were fitted to the outside seat rails. It all worked fine but didn't look OEM. Looking for that OEM finish!

Last edited by MESCMS&P; 09-29-2017 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 09-29-2017, 02:08 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Thats not where the OEM switches are.....at least not on my truck, its below that. So you'd need the switches, and the whole trim plate that has the holes for the switches.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:48 PM

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

This is where mine are.
Attached Images  
Old 09-29-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

I did find this pic though looking for what your asking.
Attached Images  
Old 09-29-2017, 03:03 PM

Received 391 Likes on 330 Posts

The standard heated seats are in those 2 spots. If you have heated/cooled seats they are mounted below the rest of the buttons like the other photo.
About the only way you will get this is to buy a bezel with the buttons on it and swap the bezel. You can not order these through the dealer either, so its Ebay or junk yards. You can swap out the complete button section to your bezel when you find one, so it doesn't matter if it is a bezel for a 4 inch screen or an 8 inch screen. If you don't want to swap the button section and want to replace the complete bezel, then you have to watch that you get a bezel for with or without auto start/stop depending on what you have.
Originally Posted by MESCMS&P
I've looked through a few heated seat threads, but can't find the answer Im looking for.

Is it possible to get the heated seat switches put on the console (replacing the blanks) where the originals would be? Is it even possible to get the original Ford switches?

I have had heated seats fitted in a Fusion before and the switches were fitted to the outside seat rails. It all worked fine but didn't look OEM. Looking for that OEM finish!

Old 09-29-2017, 03:07 PM

Seeing you have an XL, you maybe running wire also, it may exist part of the way, but I am sure it doesn't run to the seat. Other than in the dash, the rest of the way its not hard to run wire.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

Pretty sure you can't add buttons. You're going to have to get another HVAC module with the heated seats function. Even things we don't think are computer controlled usually are. The GEM will have to programmed to recognize that you have heated seats. Our trucks have a "smart" charging system. The amount of power put out by the alternator is not constant like days of old. The computer can vary alternator out depending on battery state of charge and electrical load. When you turn on heated seats the computer commands the alternator to turn up the juice because anything heated takes lots of power.
The following users liked this post:
Silver-Bolt (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 12:21 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thank-you to everyone for your help. I didn't know about the varying alternator output. I guess its not an easy 'plug'n'play' as I had hoped.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:18 PM

Thank-you to everyone for your help. I didn't know about the varying alternator output. I guess its not an easy 'plug'n'play' as I had hoped.
That's not a big deal, the truck will take care of the seats. But it definitely will not be plug and play.
What seat heaters did you use previously? I was looking at installing a seat.