Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 3.5 EB, engine and wrench light indicator

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 11:48 PM

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
Default 2017 3.5 EB, engine and wrench light indicator

Got the Orange Wrench light and engine light today. Crap, crap, crap. Truck is not event 2 years old (less than 19k miles). Factory ordered for my last truck - my dream truck for retirement. So far, Orange wrench, it went away, days later didn't start (dead), boosted by tow service no luck, had it towed (good grief), (it was embarrassing even for the tow driver), Dealer said why is it at the shop it works great, I complain, complain..... they kept it for 2 days, had to rent a car while they quasi fixed it, ... all in first year, replaced starter to solve to make me go away, worked ok so far. Then vibration at 80 km, back to shop, new u-join replaced: no relief, swap rims - no relief, changed to new tires - no relief. Wow, now dreaded wrench again and engine light at the same time. Back to shop again in two day from now. I sold a good truck, to get these super features and quality performance like I experienced for 12 month with my new Lariat, and now the truck doesn't function properly. This is my 5th new truck, never experienced this level of failure before. Do I keep going, or move on? The truck is $68,000 and was pure excellence, no more... I traded it for a truck of $18K that worked great (but older, few features). Ugggg …. this is the truck I want..... just want it to function as sold.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:59 PM

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Update, When I got to the dealer for the repair, the warning lights were off.. rats. They pulled one code, said it was the waste gate / turbo related and it fixed itself. Since the warning lights are off, Dealer told me that Ford recommended "customer to monitor" and bring it back with the warning light is on. Not feeling confident of the Ford experience at the moment. Hopefully just a glitch and I'm over thinking it.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:06 PM

Received 140 Likes on 99 Posts

I would find a different dealership

Quick Reply: 2017 3.5 EB, engine and wrench light indicator