Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 2.7 eco vibration

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 08:55 PM
2017 F150 XLT 2.7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 2.7 eco vibration

I have a 2017 F150 XLT 2.7 eco. 1300 mi. I've had a vibration since delivery. 35- on worse 70-75. I feel it in steering wheel as well as seat. Tires have been load balanced 4 times. Drive shaft checked. No vibration in neutral while reving. No brake pedal vibration. Test drove another 2.7. Same vibration. Service manager said his 2016 2.7has same vibration. Maybe a harmonic? Don't know. I build race cars for a living so I know what to look for and understand how things work. I tow a 4000 lb travel trailer, with ease btw and still have vibration while towing. The 2.7 out tows my 2016 5.0 I traded in. Anyone else have vibration issued
Old 08-18-2017, 08:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Fallon
I have a 2017 F150 XLT 2.7 eco. 1300 mi. I've had a vibration since delivery. 35- on worse 70-75. I feel it in steering wheel as well as seat. Tires have been load balanced 4 times. Drive shaft checked. No vibration in neutral while reving. No brake pedal vibration. Test drove another 2.7. Same vibration. Service manager said his 2016 2.7has same vibration. Maybe a harmonic? Don't know. I build race cars for a living so I know what to look for and understand how things work. I tow a 4000 lb travel trailer, with ease btw and still have vibration while towing. The 2.7 out tows my 2016 5.0 I traded in. Anyone else have vibration issued

Many threads on this- I've had it since new, dealer worked on it for a couple months on and off with no solution. One thing I found to help was to push the telescoping steering wheel all the way toward the dash which made it a lot less noticeable. Mine is worse at 40-55. I guess I got use to it hardly notice it anymore.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 15 has been in the shop a few times for a vibration mainly on deceleration from 50 down to 40. All other speeds seem to be ok. Doesn't matter whether it's in gear or out. Is this just a 2.7 issue?
Old 08-20-2017, 08:26 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

People have been fighting vibration problems in F150's since 2013 that I know of here, perhaps even further.

i've been thru it. its exhausting troubleshooting it, especially when FORD states its within specs, and its just the "harmonics" of a truck suspension.

my 17 has it as well, however, not as bad as previous year models. and alot of it depends on the roads you drive on.

Don't feel bad though, same issues with the Silverado's......vibrations in the steering wheel, gas pedal, and you can feel it in the driver's seat..

On the other side, the 17 nissan titan was the smoothest truck I've ever driven hands down, but their 7 speed tranny has quite a few issues. Dodge Ram rides good as well, due to their coil suspension.

Bottom like, you just deal with it, and get used to it.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel vibrations when idling, like in a drive through restaurant. I've turned the ac off and it goes away. Mine is a 16 2.7
Old 08-20-2017, 10:10 PM

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

I do not experience the vibration you speak of.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:19 PM

Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts

My '17 regular cab 2.7 has a sort of harmonic vibration at 65-70 mph only. I've down shifted at that speed to increase rpm with no change. It feels like either a driveshaft or a rear diff issue to me. I am going to take mine in next week and see what they say.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:23 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Exclamation

That's not exactly the vibration the OP is describing, but I'm sure what you speak of is annoying as well.

Originally Posted by alingo2001
I feel vibrations when idling, like in a drive through restaurant. I've turned the ac off and it goes away. Mine is a 16 2.7
Old 09-28-2017, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a 2017 Supercrew with V8. Felt a vibration at 45 and 60 when I was initially setting up the trailer backup assist. The dealer balanced my tires and said the main issue was with pulling an empty trailer. Unfortunately, it does the same thing loaded. It wasn't long before I realized that the vibration was there without a trailer attached. Second dealer visit resulted in a road force balance with no appreciable difference. Third visit had the dealer taking the tires and rims off of another 2017 on the lot and putting them on my truck. Alas, no difference. Today they have my truck at a second ford dealer owned by the same family with the belief that their balancer had problems. In the mean time, they gave me another 2017 as a loner. When I left the dealership with that truck, it had the same issues. So I'm not expecting success with their efforts. (they still have my truck). One of the service writers commented that it was just normal for these trucks. Well, I didn't pay the kind of money that I paid to have "normal" vibration.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipM
I just purchased a 2017 Supercrew with V8. Felt a vibration at 45 and 60 when I was initially setting up the trailer backup assist. The dealer balanced my tires and said the main issue was with pulling an empty trailer. Unfortunately, it does the same thing loaded. It wasn't long before I realized that the vibration was there without a trailer attached. Second dealer visit resulted in a road force balance with no appreciable difference. Third visit had the dealer taking the tires and rims off of another 2017 on the lot and putting them on my truck. Alas, no difference. Today they have my truck at a second ford dealer owned by the same family with the belief that their balancer had problems. In the mean time, they gave me another 2017 as a loner. When I left the dealership with that truck, it had the same issues. So I'm not expecting success with their efforts. (they still have my truck). One of the service writers commented that it was just normal for these trucks. Well, I didn't pay the kind of money that I paid to have "normal" vibration.

If you read my earlier post I believe there is no fix and the dealer is correct in his statement. To make a long story short they had me truck for 2 months and changed tons of parts with difference. Finally ford sent down a special vibration analyzer computer and the end result was ford said it was within spec. By the way ford would not divulge the specs or the results to my dealer. Your fighting a losing battle.