Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 XLT Weekend Warrior Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 02:07 PM

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs up 2016 XLT Weekend Warrior Build Thread

Hey guys, first time poster here! I will try and keep this short, but wanted to give a quick introduction and background on myself. I am officially a proud owner of a new 2016 F-150 XLT Super Crew. This is my first F-150 and my first Ford. I'm excited to see how it works out. I am coming out of a heavily modified 2006 Ram 3500 CTD that was a fun project, but a project none the less. I always felt like there was something going out on it or something needing to be fixed. I hope to use my lessons learned on that truck and keep things as clean and stock as possible for this new one. With that said, there is no way I can leave things completely stock lol, I have to put a personnel touch on my trucks, but I plan on doing it in a responsible practical way. (time will tell )

I drive a company truck (2018 F-F150 SCREW w/6.5' bed) all week long, so this truck is my weekend warrior/Overland Rig and I plan on setting it up that way. Want to make it capable, reliable and ready for road trips, off-roading, camping, hunting, and some weekend work.

This will be a slower build. But figured I would start this now to get the ball rolling. I enjoy when other members have a build thread so you can keep up on their progress and different modifications.

Here are the Details:

Factory Specs:
-2016 F-150 Supercrew Lithium Gray
-3.5L EcoBoost
-Fx4 Package
-Sport Package
-302A Package
-36 gal fuel tank
-3.55 Locking diff

Aftermarket:
-Falcon Shocks (F-150 Sport Tow/Haul)
-285/75r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
-Black Rhino Revolution wheels 17"x9" +12mm
-Leitner Designs Active Cargo System
-ARB Awning
-Tepui Roof Top Tent
-Baja Designs XL80's in fog Pockets
-Inyati Spray-in Bed liner
-Husky X-act contour floor mats
-Ram Mount installed on dash cubby for ipone/Ipad Navigation

Day I brought her home

Current Photo

Last edited by CM_CUMMINS; 04-18-2018 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Updates on the Build
The following 2 users liked this post by CM_CUMMINS:
Apples (02-01-2018), sergbaja5t (09-28-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 12:02 PM

Default Protection

Being the first Brand New truck I have ever owned, I wanted to make sure that I did my due diligence on protecting my investment inside and out. So, like the majority of you guys I started with all the options for protecting the truck. Here is a list and a quick review on the products.

Floor Mats:

Husky X-act contour front and rear.

For any of you on the fence about these floor mats, just do it. I have had experience in my work trucks with just about all the big brands out there and these are by far the best I have ever used. They fit perfect, they look amazing, and no brittle hard plastic like the weathertechs. Over all I could not be happier with them. The rear is just the same as far as fit, finish and coverage.

Husky x-act

Husky x-act

DeeZee Bed mat:

Although the truck does have a spray in bed liner, there is no replacement for a heavy duty rubber bed mat. I absolutely love them. They extra protection, grip and sound deadening they provide is definitely worth the $80. My only complaint I have with them is sometimes they provide too much grip and make loading and unloading a little more work. But it will definitely save your bed in a lot of ways.

Dee-Zee Bedmat

Deezee bedmat

Husky Inner Fender Liners:

This is a product that I have never used on my trucks before, but seemed fairly popular in the F-150 community, especially on these new trucks that don't have the best paint job under there. For the price you can beat them. They fit great, they look great, and seems like they will do a great job keeping crap out from under there and make it very easy to power wash clean. They do come awfully close to the shocks and wonder if there will be clearance issues during articulation. Time will tell and a little trimming wont be hard.

husky liner

husky liner

I also added a dash mat, which is nothing special, but I do like to protect the dash from the harsh AZ sun. Plus you don't have to look at the dust pile up on the black dash.

The last item I'd like to get done for protection is a clear bra on the front. I've heard too much about rock chips with these paint jobs, especially with a painted front bumper. There is a place near my house that has gotten some great feedback by customers and are reasonably priced and use quality materials. I hope I can get something scheduled within the next couple weeks.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 863 Likes on 588 Posts

Very nice truck! I like how you're going to keep things simple. Keep us posted!
Old 10-17-2016, 01:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Which dashmat did you go with and how do you like the fit?
Old 10-17-2016, 02:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like you came from a mildly upgraded 07 5.9 2500 while it was fun to drive and could tow just about anything, i found it to be one mod after another. Traded it for my 2016 XLT f150 and the only thing i have added was a leveling kit. I will say i am very happy with my current truck and i am trying to avoid the mod bug as long as possible. Great idea on the bed mat by the way, may have to get some horse stall mats for when i load gravel/bricks. And the pics of how nicely the husky mats fit have sold me on them for sure.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by elgigantejake
Which dashmat did you go with and how do you like the fit?
It was the DashMat Brand. Its black and the fit is pretty good considering how many contours are on these dashes. Its definitely not as clean as the one I had in my Ram. But I've gotten use to it in the short time its been in there. I dont know if any other brand would be better. It fits where it needs too.

Here is a picture right after I threw it in. Hadn't settled out yet and I hadn't put the Velcro strips down either.

DashMat
Old 10-17-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by AV8B
I like you came from a mildly upgraded 07 5.9 2500 while it was fun to drive and could tow just about anything, i found it to be one mod after another. Traded it for my 2016 XLT f150 and the only thing i have added was a leveling kit. I will say i am very happy with my current truck and i am trying to avoid the mod bug as long as possible. Great idea on the bed mat by the way, may have to get some horse stall mats for when i load gravel/bricks. And the pics of how nicely the husky mats fit have sold me on them for sure.
Nice man! Ya i definitely miss it at times, but dang these trucks ride like a cloud compared to my cummins and i had the thuren/Carli goodies on it too. Rode great for that truck but this is Cadillac for sure!

What leveling kit did you go with and what are your impressions so far. Its on my future list of mild mods. I cant stand the nose dive look from any stock pickup.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I second the Husky X-acts, got mine last week and they are awesome. Even my wife commented on how good they look and dont "flip" up on the sides.

I would be a little concerned about those well liners also that looks like a definite rub in the making, probably wont hurt anything but a little trim job would be easy. Nice truck man basically same build as mine with the 2.7 I opted for. I didnt get a bedliner and will look into the deezee as it looks like it fits really well. Where did you get it?
Old 10-17-2016, 03:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had carli upgrades on my dodge to. I tend to look and research and like to do things once. I ended up going with the f150lifts boss ultimate kit, they are now HALO lifts. I cannot say enough good things about this company super helpful answered all my questions and more. I will never do a spacer kit, had one on a 05 f250 it was terrible. I looked into the fox coilover leveling kit but what turned me away is that the coilover is not adjustable unless you compress the spring with a spring compressor. I really like the way the boss kit rides its not floaty like stock its more truck like but not a stiff ride like the dodge. The ride feels more solid and stable.
The following users liked this post:
HaloLifts (10-19-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Just The Basic Facts

Received 1,019 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by AV8B
I had carli upgrades on my dodge to. I tend to look and research and like to do things once. I ended up going with the f150lifts boss ultimate kit, they are now HALO lifts. I cannot say enough good things about this company super helpful answered all my questions and more. I will never do a spacer kit, had one on a 05 f250 it was terrible. I looked into the fox coilover leveling kit but what turned me away is that the coilover is not adjustable unless you compress the spring with a spring compressor. I really like the way the boss kit rides its not floaty like stock its more truck like but not a stiff ride like the dodge. The ride feels more solid and stable.
Is THIS what yer talking about?

Quick Reply: 2016 XLT Weekend Warrior Build Thread