2016 SCrew 5.0 0-60 test - Page 2 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 SCrew 5.0 0-60 test

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #11
Motor 10
Thread Starter
 
Bafflingbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Southern Md.
Posts: 560
Thanked 88 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo24 View Post
They make apps that you can start and just sit the phone in your cupholder, starts the timer when it feels the force or detects movement and stops when GPS reads 60pmh.

Could give you a more accurate reading by removing human relay response time.
I tried it with "CT speedometer", it was horribly inaccurate. I don't know if there is a better app out there then that one, but, I definitely wouldn't trust that one. 10.6 sec.'s? Second try yielded 9.8. Really bad!
Bafflingbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:11 PM   #12
Motor 10
Thread Starter
 
Bafflingbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Southern Md.
Posts: 560
Thanked 88 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherman View Post
Yeah somewhere between 6.0 and 6.5 seems reasonable for a 3.55 5.0. Cool video!

I just wish someone would have tested the 3.73. Unofficially (using an app), I had a 6.5 with my 3.31. I would assume my 3.73 is around 5.8-6.1.
Definitely! I bet that thing screams.
Bafflingbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:16 PM   #13
Sheep Dog
 
VTX1800N1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,061
Thanked 291 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafflingbs View Post
No, I didn't, from the little knowledge I have of these trucks, I don't think it's very good for your truck to lock it on dry pavement. As far as your other question, someone else with a more technical knowledge should answer.I'll try, but, that was pretty close to being dead on.
As long as you keep the steering straight, it shouldn't hurt to lock the diff. It turns off automatically above a specific speed anyway
VTX1800N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VTX1800N1 For This Useful Post:
Bafflingbs (09-20-2016)
Old 09-20-2016, 06:21 PM   #14
Official HTT Greeter
 
SixShooter14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,643
Thanked 234 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherman View Post
Yeah somewhere between 6.0 and 6.5 seems reasonable for a 3.55 5.0. Cool video!

I just wish someone would have tested the 3.73. Unofficially (using an app), I had a 6.5 with my 3.31. I would assume my 3.73 is around 5.8-6.1.
I would have liked to had found a 3.73.

But, I'm definitely happy with 3.55EL
SixShooter14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:16 PM   #15
.
 
808XLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 824
Thanked 121 Times in 96 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixShooter14 View Post
I would have liked to had found a 3.73.

But, I'm definitely happy with 3.55EL
my 2016 5.0L Scab is 3.73EL . Had to custom build. Juicy!


808XLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:13 PM   #16
Member
 
-=KR=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Destin, FL
Posts: 46
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherman View Post
Yeah somewhere between 6.0 and 6.5 seems reasonable for a 3.55 5.0. Cool video!

I just wish someone would have tested the 3.73. Unofficially (using an app), I had a 6.5 with my 3.31. I would assume my 3.73 is around 5.8-6.1.
Gopherman, I have the same set up as you (5.0, 3.31) but with a SCAB, wonder if there'd be any difference between a SCAB and a SCREW?
-=KR=-
-=KR=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 186
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

I timed the video 0 - 60 at right between 6.5 - 6.8 second on the 3 views I did, not bad
Axxion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:09 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Get a VBOX or some form of logger, stop watch times aren't comparable..
Got-F150? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:40 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: MN
Posts: 832
Thanked 122 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=KR=- View Post
Gopherman, I have the same set up as you (5.0, 3.31) but with a SCAB, wonder if there'd be any difference between a SCAB and a SCREW?
-=KR=-
Well, I have a 3.73 now. But as for a difference between the scab and screw, I'd think the 100-200 lbs could shave .1 to .2 off that time if all conditions were equal.

Then again...there are some 3.31's the will do 0-60 in low 6's, some 3.73's in the mid 6's. On the flip side, there are some 3.31's in the 7's, and some 3.73's in the high 5's. It's so variable depending on fuel, weather conditions, tires, 2WD vs. 4WD, equipment, people, etc.

As much as it's cool these trucks are quick...and they are. I'm fairly tame and rarely even go past 2500 RPM (at least with my truck). They aren't meant to be fast...they just need to be able to work and be comfortable while doing it.

With that being said...the roar around 5K makes me want to floor it all the time , but I am determined to not do it unless I have to.
gopherman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gopherman For This Useful Post:
808XLT (09-30-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 05:07 PM   #20
Official HTT Greeter
 
SixShooter14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,643
Thanked 234 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherman View Post
Well, I have a 3.73 now. But as for a difference between the scab and screw, I'd think the 100-200 lbs could shave .1 to .2 off that time if all conditions were equal.

Then again...there are some 3.31's the will do 0-60 in low 6's, some 3.73's in the mid 6's. On the flip side, there are some 3.31's in the 7's, and some 3.73's in the high 5's. It's so variable depending on fuel, weather conditions, tires, 2WD vs. 4WD, equipment, people, etc.

As much as it's cool these trucks are quick...and they are. I'm fairly tame and rarely even go past 2500 RPM (at least with my truck). They aren't meant to be fast...they just need to be able to work and be comfortable while doing it.

With that being said...the roar around 5K makes me want to floor it all the time , but I am determined to not do it unless I have to.
Same here...except that I love to get on it. Though I try not to most of the time. easy on, easy off...helps the mpgs and is a little smoother of a ride. But I love being able to get on it hard and hear that coyote...
SixShooter14 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time for an upgrade! VTX1800N1 2015 - Present Ford F150 29 09-19-2017 09:37 PM
Traction Control and Lockers on the 2011+ azcoyote General F150 Discussion 11 09-10-2016 10:21 PM
Second tank MPG Kensterfly General F150 Discussion 1 09-07-2016 11:25 AM
Rear shocks, whats the deal Back-n-Platinum 2015 - Present Ford F150 1 09-06-2016 05:29 AM
Test stormsearch Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum 0 09-02-2016 02:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 2017 F150Forum.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: