Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 F150 - love it but disapointed

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 09:46 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2016 F150 - love it but disapointed

I just purchased a new 2016 F-150 Crew cab Race Red with the 302 option package and the 5.0 engine. I traded in my 2005 F-150 extended cab with 198K.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

but I think Ford missed a few important things.

- I am glad they finally brought the trailer connector above the bumper, however the door I use flips up and I cant see the prongs, so I often find myself bending down to line it up to plug it in. Why didn't they put them side by side so the door flips down on both of them so you can see what your doing, ( cause the engineer never hooked up a trailer) or turn it 180 degrees, so they open left to right, right to left against each other?

- The cup holders are to big and a lot of standard size cups and bottles wont sit in them without tipping over.

- The cup holder for the passengers in the back seat, at the end of the console of the front seat, this is not conveniently located for the passengers in the back and is a major annoyance for the people in the front. Why doesn't the back of the center console fold down to make a couple cup holders, god knows there is enough room, hell I could put a small table in there?

- What was ford thinking for the passengers in the back of the truck, no arm rest, no console? tones of space, leg room , head room and no console or arm rest, ok, hands in lap...

- I can sync my phone, I can get alerted to txt messages, I can hear / read the message, why can't I reply. If I have a text message displayed on that awesome 8 inch touch screen display, I should be able to push the button on the steering wheel and reply with voice, after all its using my phone.

- Why isn't HID / LED standard, it is 2016?

I love the engine, the steps, the cabin in general, the tailgate step, the LED lights in the bed, remote start, the backup-pro assist, the mirror spot lights, the power rear window, all the room, and that awesome panoramic sun-roof, the power heated cloth seats,
6.5 ft bed, and of course , it's 700lbs lighter - lol lol

Ford your killing me, but I love you!
Old 07-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Ford Truck Lover

Received 748 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by oramac
I just purchased a new 2016 F-150 Crew cab Race Red with the 302 option package and the 5.0 engine. I traded in my 2005 F-150 extended cab with 198K.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

but I think Ford missed a few important things.

- I am glad they finally brought the trailer connector above the bumper, however the door I use flips up and I cant see the prongs, so I often find myself bending down to line it up to plug it in. Why didn't they put them side by side so the door flips down on both of them so you can see what your doing, ( cause the engineer never hooked up a trailer) or turn it 180 degrees, so they open left to right, right to left against each other?

- The cup holders are to big and a lot of standard size cups and bottles wont sit in them without tipping over.

- The cup holder for the passengers in the back seat, at the end of the console of the front seat, this is not conveniently located for the passengers in the back and is a major annoyance for the people in the front. Why doesn't the back of the center console fold down to make a couple cup holders, god knows there is enough room, hell I could put a small table in there?

- What was ford thinking for the passengers in the back of the truck, no arm rest, no console? tones of space, leg room , head room and no console or arm rest, ok, hands in lap...

- I can sync my phone, I can get alerted to txt messages, I can hear / read the message, why can't I reply. If I have a text message displayed on that awesome 8 inch touch screen display, I should be able to push the button on the steering wheel and reply with voice, after all its using my phone.

- Why isn't HID / LED standard, it is 2016?

I love the engine, the steps, the cabin in general, the tailgate step, the LED lights in the bed, remote start, the backup-pro assist, the mirror spot lights, the power rear window, all the room, and that awesome panoramic sun-roof, the power heated cloth seats,
6.5 ft bed, and of course , it's 700lbs lighter - lol lol

Ford your killing me, but I love you!
Enjoy. No such thing as the perfect vehicle!
Old 07-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Lots of these complaints are fixed on higher trim trucks. Rear armrest with cupholders, LED etc. Although these trucks are expensive, keep in mind that the XLT is still only one up from the base model. Ford can't make all features standard on all models. Gotta give the people a reason to go to a higher trim. I get it, nickels and dimes. But if you look at the production dollar impact of making a feature standard without raising the price to compensate...It's huge. They're still a corporation who wants to turn as much of a profit as possible.

I do agree about the front cupholders being a poor design, especially for cleaning. I liked my 2011 and 2013 with removable cupholder liners that were really easy to clean.

You can reply to texts using Siri if you have an iPhone.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

+1 on the cup holders. Somebody needs to come up with an insert to make them a little smaller.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:15 PM

Received 260 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by TomboAT65
+1 on the cup holders. Somebody needs to come up with an insert to make them a little smaller.
Funny thing is that I drove my wife to work the other day (first time in the new truck) and she makes fruit smoothies to take for breakfast. She was complaining that the cupholders were too small for her smoothie cup. Can't please everyone I guess.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuk
Funny thing is that I drove my wife to work the other day (first time in the new truck) and she makes fruit smoothies to take for breakfast. She was complaining that the cupholders were too small for her smoothie cup. Can't please everyone I guess.
I'm not letting anyone with anything other than water in my new truck! Including me!
The following users liked this post:
DannyboyUpstate (07-11-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 03:18 PM

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

My guess on the trailer connection doors is to prevent water from collecting or coming in contact with electrical prongs...water drips off and around the flap rather than being caught or trapped if it were the other way around.....

I hate my cup holders too ....
The following users liked this post:
jt16xlt (07-15-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 03:22 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuk
I was thinking the same thing.. I have a 30oz Yeti Rambler and I have to give it some oomph to get it in the holder

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

2015 F150 Platinum Edition, Ruby Red, 3.5 Ecoboost, FX4 Offroad package, Max Trailer Tow, 3.55 rear end, Technology Package, Factory Bedliner, Double Moonroof, Park Assist, 36 Gallon Tank

Last edited by barchief; 07-11-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:43 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

My wife also has some cup she uses for water quite often and she has to give it a good push to get it in there. Now I am wondering if I may have solved my own problem, gonna try one of the older koozies, the big foam ones, when I get home and see how it holds. Thinking it might be too much but we'll see.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:00 PM

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by TomboAT65
My wife also has some cup she uses for water quite often and she has to give it a good push to get it in there. Now I am wondering if I may have solved my own problem, gonna try one of the older koozies, the big foam ones, when I get home and see how it holds. Thinking it might be too much but we'll see.
Those old foam can koozies fit great.

Quick Reply: 2016 F150 - love it but disapointed