Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 F-150 Lariat FX4 Exhaust 5.0

Old 09-29-2015, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 F-150 Lariat FX4 Exhaust 5.0

I am planning on installing Roush Cat Back Exhaust on my truck as soon as they release it. Anybody have recommendations? From what I have heard so far it sounds really good on the 5.0.
Thanks,
Tim
Old 09-29-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

I've been anticipating that exhaust as well

A guy put a 11-14 exhaust on his w just a little bit of tweaking
Old 09-29-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 127 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Kincade
I am planning on installing Roush Cat Back Exhaust on my truck as soon as they release it. Anybody have recommendations? From what I have heard so far it sounds really good on the 5.0.
Thanks,
Tim
Any details on when they will release it?
Old 09-29-2015, 02:07 PM

Received 225 Likes on 141 Posts

when I emailed roush they told me they expect to have a 2015 part number sometime in October.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by jcat
when I emailed roush they told me they expect to have a 2015 part number sometime in October.
Thanks, I've never been the one to do mods to my trucks, I guess the fear if there happens to be a warranty claim & it wouldn't cover because of it.The last few weeks I've watched countless videos on exhaust & they all sound pretty good. Will the Roush exhaust be something the dealership installs?
Old 09-29-2015, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by fordworker
Thanks, I've never been the one to do mods to my trucks, I guess the fear if there happens to be a warranty claim & it wouldn't cover because of it.The last few weeks I've watched countless videos on exhaust & they all sound pretty good. Will the Roush exhaust be something the dealership installs?
I've been doing the same. The Corsa is the one for me but I just can't bring myself to plunk down $880 on an exhaust right now.

If you've got a socket set and some patience, you can easily install an exhaust on these trucks yourself. The dealer can probably do it, but they'll charge a lot. A better option would be an independent shop, but I like to do as much of my own work as I can, so I'll probably go that route once I decide on one.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:48 PM

I've been doing the same. The Corsa is the one for me but I just can't bring myself to plunk down $880 on an exhaust right now.

If you've got a socket set and some patience, you can easily install an exhaust on these trucks yourself. The dealer can probably do it, but they'll charge a lot. A better option would be an independent shop, but I like to do as much of my own work as I can, so I'll probably go that route once I decide on one.
I'm sure I could do it myself but like I said when it comes to warranty stuff I prefer the dealership work on it while I have the warranty. I've had a few friends have warranty issues not being covered because of mods being done. Maybe its just me but I know some of these dealerships (not all) try to screw you over. I get all my service work done there til warranty runs out then I do it myself. I know Roush is partnered with Ford that why I was asking if the dealership would install it, I would think they would sell it too??
Old 09-29-2015, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by fordworker
I'm sure I could do it myself but like I said when it comes to warranty stuff I prefer the dealership work on it while I have the warranty. I've had a few friends have warranty issues not being covered because of mods being done. Maybe its just me but I know some of these dealerships (not all) try to screw you over. I get all my service work done there til warranty runs out then I do it myself. I know Roush is partnered with Ford that why I was asking if the dealership would install it, I would think they would sell it too??
likely at an extreme premium, yes.

In order for them to void your warranty for a catback, by Federal LAW (magnuson-moss act) the dealer MUST prove that what you did directly caused the failure that you are trying to get repaired under warranty. I.e., if you put a catback on the truck and the transfer case blows up, they HAVE to fix the truck under warranty.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:02 PM

likely at an extreme premium, yes.

In order for them to void your warranty for a catback, by Federal LAW (magnuson-moss act) the dealer MUST prove that what you did directly caused the failure that you are trying to get repaired under warranty. I.e., if you put a catback on the truck and the transfer case blows up, they HAVE to fix the truck under warranty.
I'm gonna get an exhaust they sound good, deciding which one is the big question. I'll probably just wait for the Roush.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 F-150 Lariat FX4 Exhaust 5.0